Editing text in version 16

I recently upgraded to Version 16.2.03 and found text editing was much slower. When I double click on single line text it brings up a small popup window that allows me to edit the text. But within 1 second that window looses focus (Even if I am half way through typing something).

A similar problem occurs when editing attributes in a block.

Has anyone else had that problem?

Comments

• I am seeing the same thing, but not while I am typing. If I double click a text entity the 'Edit Text' dialog loses focus almost right away. There seems to be a relation with the TIPS setting. If TIPS=0 the problem does not occur. You should send in an SR.
  • I posted similar a while back but today I found my solution by way of another request for help in an unrelated area. 
    I added this in that post. 
    I was not liking the way boundary lines were being highlighted and the solution was to turn off 3D mode. 

"This has made a breakthrough in the issue of text losing focus when clicked on for editing. 
    Once "Enable selection of 3D solid edges" is OFF then all works well. 
    Turn ON and when a text is opened for editing BricsCad immediately loses focus. 
    Glad to have that resolved also."

Wondering if this helps your cause? 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!