Problem with my ATTEDIT command

Hi there,

I'm new to BricsCad, hoping someone can help me with a script problem i'm having?

Here is my script:
(command "._attedit" "_N" "_N" "Border3" "TITLE2" "*" "Shed Control System" "Sheds 2 & 3 Control System")
(command "._attedit" "_N" "_N" "Border3" "REVNO" "*" "B" "D")
(command "._attedit" "_N" "_N" "Border3" "REV4" "*" "c" "D")
(command "._attedit" "_N" "_N" "Border3" "DESCRIPTION4" "*" "c" "Sheds 2 & 3 Construction Update")
(command "._attedit" "_N" "_N" "Border3" "BY4" "*" "c" "DJH")
(command "._attedit" "_N" "_N" "Border3" "DATE4" "*" "c" "10.07.17")
(command "._attedit" "_N" "_N" "Border3" "JOB_NO4" "*" "c" "J1703004")

My question is: Is there a way to run an ATTEDIT script for fields that are blank? At the moment I'm having to manually open the title block on every drawing and enter a letter (i'm using 'c') in the fields I want to change. The ATTEDIT command seems to need something to change from and to. I've tried using "*" and "" but it didn't work.

Thank you in advance :-)

Comments

• Hi KimJ

I am afraid you have to add some extra code to the script, or better, create a function. An approach could be to use ssget to select the right block and then run through the entity list to change what you want. There is a lot written on the net, you could start here for example: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?47024-Clear-All-Attribute-Values-In-a-Block

• Thanks for your response!

I will read up more. Actually i don't want to clear all attribute values in the block, i just want to be able to overwrite the values with new ones, including when the original value is null/empty. Attedit prompts for the 'old value' and won't let me use "" or "*".

This discussion has been closed.