Calling all LISP gurus out there

Howdy all. I'm an ex AutoCAD (20+ years) user and have recently made the switch to BricsCAD. It's generally been a smooth transition however I'm a bit old fashioned in the way I draft (apparently). I have used a LISP for arrows and leader arrows for years because I hate the inbuilt leader commands. Essentially it was an old AutoCAD LISP routine that has been modified numerous times over the years but I've always managed to get it working for the different ACAD versions with a few tweaks. But alas I can't get it working for BricsCAD. Any help would be appreciated.

Essentially it requires the M_ENTSEL function to run. I can't work out what the BricsCAD equivalent is.

Comments

• Hi Cameron, that is nice cultural heritage you have there. I am not going to dive in your code, but m_entsel does not ring a bell. I think you should search for a function with that name inside existing lisp routines, it was probably loaded (by acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp) in AutoCAD. You can go from a command line to your LISP files and use grep for that like grep -R -i "m_ensel" * , just found out there is grep for Windows too. There is a line (setq textent (car (m_entsel "\nSelect text: " "TEXT"))) , but variable textent is not used in the file.

• martin@enco.us
    edited August 2017

This will work, although I'd recommend a complete re-write. There are much more efficient ways to code this in Bricscad. All I did was comment out the line with "m_entsel" and uncomment the line with "entsel".

I had to add a DTR function since that function is called but is not included in your code.

• Cameron:
    Line 16 in your file says M_ENTSEL is a user-defined function, i.e. not a built-in one. So you have to provide that. Look around in your lisp files for it.

This discussion has been closed.