Auto Loading startup customization files

I have been evaluating the 2D Pro version. I am impressed but as a long time Autocad user I'd like BrisCad to run as closely to Autocad as possible. I have a few questions about loading customization files.

I found On_Start.lsp and On_Doc_load.lsp. They seem to be undocumented but do automatically load any (auto)Lisp I put in either file. I also have tried Appload. Appload seems to load certain files such as DosLib.Brx. Can anyone explain 1. The differences, purpose and specific uses for On_start and On_Doc_load? Are they the same as Acad.lsp? If not, what are the differences?

I am of the belief that appload should only be used when other auto loading methods won't work due to how memory is allocated and used by appload.

1. Is S::Startup supported? I don't get errors in my main customization file that runs several general functions and loads many of my custom routines where S::Startup it is located but I can't tell if it is doing anything. Example: (defun-q S::STARTUP ( )
    (setvar "pdmode" 0)
    (setvar "filletrad" 0)
    (setvar "xrefctl" 0)
    (load "stat")
    (if (/= (getvar "CMDECHO") 0) (setvar "CMDECHO" 0)) .... etc.

Some of my settings may no longer be needed at all. I'm trying to find what works from Autocad and what doesn't.

If anyone would like to share their startup methods and routines, I will gladly share mine with anyone who asks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!