"_sectionplanetoblock" in command line

I want to use _sectionplanetoblock via simple Lisp commands, but how to get the command line version?

Trying with "standard"(?) minus - brings no results:

-_sectionplanetoblock

Unable to recognize command "-_SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK". Please try again.
_-sectionplanetoblock
Unable to recognize command "-SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK". Please try again.
-sectionplanetoblock

Unable to recognize command "-SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK". Please try again.`

Comments

• Maybe (setvar "FILEDIA" 0)?

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited February 2018

Not every command has a command-line version of course.
    The OP should look at the GenerateSectionGeometry method of the section plane object.

• Hi Peter2

I am afraid there is no command line version of SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK (i.e. -SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK)

It would be very nice when added in a future release. Best I could come up with is using a SECTION command, combined with a temporary solid, which creates a region (the cross section only), which is probably not what you want.

• @Owen Wengerd: Thanks, but I forgot to mention that I tried both filedia and cmddia ..

@Roy Klein Gebbinck : I will take a look, but nevertheless a simple (command-s make-section make-file and-do-something-else) would be easier.

@Wiebe van der Worp : Actually I'm looking for a fool-proof solution around this command for users with no knowledge of Bricscad. "Press the green button and it will create some 2D-Drawings from the current displayed 3D-Modell". Sections and file-names and so on all done automatically ...

• Hi peter, as far as I remember this is hard to achieve. You can use the HLR API, but it is available in ARX only.
    Another way is to use the SOLPROF command switching PSPACE/MSPACE and a bit of magic renaming the anonymous blocks. Here is a short video doing manually. I made a similar command long time ago in lisp so I'm sure it works.

This discussion has been closed.