"Cancel" Command

Hi,
I've got folowing commands generated in Excel, that I paste in Bricsys (v.18).
Everything worked perfectly in Acad but in Bricsys occured one problem, I cannot break (cancel this command)

rec 25,200 190,195
rec 25,195 190,190
rec 25,190 190,185
(command)
(command)
(command)
(command)
(setvar "clayer" "SST")
(setvar "ctab" "SR_2")
(setvar "textstyle" "Mar1")
-text J MC 32.5,234 3.3 0 Numer

When I past to Bricsys it still whants to continue command rec.
In Acad (command), "" or ^c stopped the functtion but in Bricsys nothing works.

Comments

• Unlike the _Line command the _Rectangle command is not a continuous command. So there should be no need to cancel it after supplying the second point. But maybe you are inadvertently pasting a trailing space?

• I am pasting exactly what you can see above. And the whole strin of commands stops at rec.. like this:
    "Select first corner of rectangle or [Chamfer/Fillet/Rotated/Square/Elevation/Thickness/Width of line/Area/Dimensions]:(command)
    nil
    Select first corner of rectangle or [Chamfer/Fillet/Rotated/Square/Elevation/Thickness/Width of line/Area/Dimensions]:
    command: "

• There's obviously some difference in the timing of when they are processed, but the trailing spaces on your "rec" lines are a recipe for disaster because it leads to undefined behavior. You can remove them, then the script will work on both platforms.

• I understand that you call trailing space as linie with "(command)"?

• No. I suspect you have an extra space somewhere (space=enter).
    I am attaching a working script.

• Yes but is there any way to break/ finisch active command like "rec P1 P2?

• Owen Wengerd
    edited February 2018

This is a complete command:
    rec 25,200 190,195

Your script has a space at the end of that line, so it feeds to the command prompt with a space followed by a linefeed. The extra space causes the linefeed to repeat the command, but not until sometime later. That "sometime later" is different depending on platform. Just remove the trailing space, then all will be fine.

• Thank's for your help. It works!

• Little bit late but maybe it can help other people: If one copies data from a program for pasting on the command line, it may be a good idea to paste that data in a text editor (like notepad) too, to get a proper indication of what exactly is pasted.

• Pasting into a word processor should allow you to toggle display of spaces, line feeds, and carriage returns. The display of spaces would especially be useful.

-joe

This discussion has been closed.