Start from the scratch

Hello to all,

Maybe one of you can give me a helping hand, because there is one problem i stuck with :smile:
I never did Bricscad or Autocad development before, my main goal was prgarmming the MegaCAD interface.
I do that with C++, .Net with C# in VS2013 ff.

So i tried to find a really basic introduction how to start absolutely from the scratch, unfortunallety i had no succes.
Maybe you can give me a hint where i can find some examples how to start my first „Hello world“ and how to call it from within BricsCAD.

thanky for your help

with bwest regrda
Uwe

Comments

• If you mean lisp, copy this to the command line:
    (defun c:hello () (alert "Hello World")(princ))
    then type hello to run
    With lisp, you put your code in a text file with .lsp extension and load by dragging in from explorer, appload, or (load "somelisp") statement.

if you mean .net, you need to look at the autocad examples, and theswamp.org.
    .net is easy once you have a starter project going. One thing about it though, you will have one solution for each version.
    The reason is the references must point to each version, even if the code files are the same.
    Like I have one set of code that I compile for 4 versions. Its awesome because you can compile using dos batch and msbuild.
    I actually have 4 versions of acad and 4 of bcad to compile for when I do. Takes about a minute. So there are good answers if you take the time to learn and ask.

This discussion has been closed.