lofting cross section issues

Hi Team,

I have been trying to use loft to create a solid. Im using 10 closed polyline cross section to loft and when I initially do it the loft works and the solid comes out exactly how I had hoped. my issue comes from when I save, exit and then go back into the file the solid has gone whacky. I have attached a picture of it. In the picture I show the cross sections I am trying to use, the lofted solid before exiting the drawing and then the lofted solid after I have save and re entered the drawing. any suggestions? thanks.

Comments

• When you run the _REDSKINFO command, does the render engine report a good validation and status check of your video system?

• Hi Richard not sure whats a good outcome would you mind having a look below?

REDSDKINFO
    RedSDK version: 4.2 (build 4)
    RenderUsingHardware: Hybrid hardware/software mode with preferred hardware rendering.
    OpenGL window creation succeeded.
    Operating system: Win_ten64
    Desktop composition (Aero) is enabled.
    Local GPU:
    GPU information:
    name: 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M'
    chipset: 'GM107'
    class: 'HW_NVIDIA_G400'
    asicID: '0x139b'
    vendorID: '0x10de'
    recommended driver: 'Operating system proprietary graphic driver'
    Installed driver:
    driver: 'NVIDIA Forceware 398.82'
    dll version: ''
    This driver is newer than all internal known revisions.
    validation: 'Ok, newer'
    Local GPU:
    GPU information:
    name: 'Unknown INTEL graphics adapter'
    chipset: ''
    class: 'HW_INTEL_GENERIC'
    asicID: '0x191b'
    vendorID: '0x8086'
    recommended driver: unknown
    Installed driver:
    driver: ''
    dll version: ''
    validation: ' ==========>>>>> No driver installed <<<<<=========='
    Selected GPU (created for GPU check):
    Chipset: HW_NVIDIA_G400
    Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation ( IsNVidia )
    OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 398.82
    Renderer: GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2

• Could you post the original DWG with the "rings" and the lofted body? Could help narrow down the cause.

I would speculate that what you're seeing is an artifact of your graphic card. GeForce cards are great for day to day use and super for gaming; I have one in my gaming rig now. But the GTX cards are optimized for speed and sometimes fall over in CAD applications. There's a discussion thread over here with some comparison pics of GeForce versus Quadro cards.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!