lofting cross section issues

Hi Team,

I have been trying to use loft to create a solid. Im using 10 closed polyline cross section to loft and when I initially do it the loft works and the solid comes out exactly how I had hoped. my issue comes from when I save, exit and then go back into the file the solid has gone whacky. I have attached a picture of it. In the picture I show the cross sections I am trying to use, the lofted solid before exiting the drawing and then the lofted solid after I have save and re entered the drawing. any suggestions? thanks.

Comments

• When you run the _REDSKINFO command, does the render engine report a good validation and status check of your video system?

• Hi Richard not sure whats a good outcome would you mind having a look below?

REDSDKINFO
    RedSDK version: 4.2 (build 4)
    RenderUsingHardware: Hybrid hardware/software mode with preferred hardware rendering.
    OpenGL window creation succeeded.
    Operating system: Win_ten64
    Desktop composition (Aero) is enabled.
    Local GPU:
    GPU information:
    name: 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M'
    chipset: 'GM107'
    class: 'HW_NVIDIA_G400'
    asicID: '0x139b'
    vendorID: '0x10de'
    recommended driver: 'Operating system proprietary graphic driver'
    Installed driver:
    driver: 'NVIDIA Forceware 398.82'
    dll version: ''
    This driver is newer than all internal known revisions.
    validation: 'Ok, newer'
    Local GPU:
    GPU information:
    name: 'Unknown INTEL graphics adapter'
    chipset: ''
    class: 'HW_INTEL_GENERIC'
    asicID: '0x191b'
    vendorID: '0x8086'
    recommended driver: unknown
    Installed driver:
    driver: ''
    dll version: ''
    validation: ' ==========>>>>> No driver installed <<<<<=========='
    Selected GPU (created for GPU check):
    Chipset: HW_NVIDIA_G400
    Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation ( IsNVidia )
    OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 398.82
    Renderer: GeForce GTX 960M/PCIe/SSE2

• Could you post the original DWG with the "rings" and the lofted body? Could help narrow down the cause.

I would speculate that what you're seeing is an artifact of your graphic card. GeForce cards are great for day to day use and super for gaming; I have one in my gaming rig now. But the GTX cards are optimized for speed and sometimes fall over in CAD applications. There's a discussion thread over here with some comparison pics of GeForce versus Quadro cards.

This discussion has been closed.