Having mechanical and BIM in one package no longer possible???

2»

Comments

• Guys, we will be offering a limited-time, special promotion to get people upgraded to V19 AND on All-In Maintenance for much less. You spoke, and we heard you. More to come, and yes - Jason is correct - please speak with your local reseller for the latest news.
    (And yes, Robert's numbers were based on V18 Pro. The new promo prices for Pro will be more in line with that chart.)

-Don

• I am still confused about Platinum vs Mechanical. Are those Bm commands still come with v19 Platinum like this one?

https://help.bricsys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006764393-BmNew

It is under (Mechanical) but the platform icon is Platinum.

• @Don Strimbu said:
    We are working on a product that we'll (likely) call BricsCAD Ultimate. It will consist of Platinum + BIM + Mechanical. It will be competitive price-wise, and less expensive than purchasing a BricsCAD BIM and a BricsCAD Mechanical. BricsCAD Ultimate will of course be available as a perpetual (permanent) license.

Communicator will continue to be a stand-alone module, because we want to give our customers a choice. If they need it, fine. If not, no need to pay for it. Sorry if that has been mis-quoted in the press; I'll strive to be more clear in the future.

We've made All-In Maintenance opt-out for V19. That way, buyers can easily see the least expensive way to get the next version of BricsCAD. If they don't want maintenance, they can opt out in their shopping cart. Don't forget that Priority Support is also included in All-In Maintenance, too.

Thanks for using BricsCAD!

-Don

Hi @Don Strimbu

Thanks for the clarification, and in a way it is good to hear Communicator will remain a module as I can image there are people in product development who need to be able to import/export to those supported file formats but don't need the Sheet Metal/Mechanical functionality.
    I saw mention of Communicator being integrated into Mechanical (and thus no longer be a module) in spring of 2019 but as you stated that is incorrect.

Personally I would have preferred that the modules would still be there, as in theory it should not be that difficult to have an installer that would automatically install the base program and required modules as well when you offer a Mechanical or BIM vertical. Other software that I use does it that way, depending on the the version you have additional functionally gets installed by the main installer launching the subinstallers for that functionality. (e.g. in case of the Mechanical vertical it will first install Platinum and then automatically run the installer for Sheet Metal and if included in the package also Communicator). Still having modules would allow people to get a module for a project and then not renew maintenance if they no longer need it, which is more flexible for the customer than verticals with fenced functionality. I'm sure it is technically possible now as well by adding the functionality of one vertical to the other and then go back a year later (or sooner for rental version) but that would be less obvious for new customers than visible modules.

• @fs_at12 said:

i just want to show you an image from your presentation on the bricsys 2018
    is this not just a misleading of your customers? not just to show but to present a whole panel at bricsys 2018, with the advantage of having a lower price then then other software developers (autodesk), and at the same time increasing the price for the software by 400%... its not cool...
    where is the idea of offering a known platform for a price you can afford?

Uhm... the slide you are showing is for Bricscad Pro vs plain AutoCAD, i.e. no Platinum and no modules. So the slide by itself is correct for the comparison being amde and to use that slide to compare the pricing for Platinum plus modules is not really fair to Bricsys.

That being said, the way it was showing in the store was definitely confusing and giving a distorted view of the upgrade costs as Jason mentioned. At first I couldn't believe the cost difference either and then realised the upgrade pricing is shown for Platinum users not yet having a module. If you would have had to buy the module as under V18 and add maintenance then the differences are not as big as they seem at first. Yes there is still the price increase esp. when it comes to the cost of maintenance which is basically a 50% price increase for Maintenance (from 20 to 30%) and then that amount being over the new price it does add up for new users not already having a module.

• I demoed the sheet metal package and decided to wait a few months (bought v18 Platinum BIM, all in this August). with the expectation that It would cost me $530 to add sheet metal. Now what would it cost me to add ? (due the v19 BIM upgrade).
    Michael

• @mlwebb said:
    I demoed the sheet metal package and decided to wait a few months (bought v18 Platinum BIM, all in this August). with the expectation that It would cost me $530 to add sheet metal. Now what would it cost me to add ? (due the v19 BIM upgrade).
    Michael

They are working on a BricsCAD version that has both BIM and Mechanical included so that is what you should be looking at and the price for that upgrade might be a bit lower than the total of an upgrade to BIM and and upgrade to Mechanical combined. To have some idea of the possible cost I'd take a look at the store prices for an upgrade of Platinum to Mechanial and add that price to an upgrade of Platinum to V19 BIM.

If I recall correctly the price is approx. $550-570 for the Platinum to Mechanical upgrade and then the All-in for one year added. Unfortunately I can no longer check what exact upgrade price is as I have already upgraded, so you need to check yourself for the exact pricing. The main driver for the cost increase is the addition of the mandatory All-In for upgrades for 1 year.

This discussion has been closed.