CUI does not allow adding pulldown menus to a workspace

Maybe I am missing something, but if I show my workspace, menus, in CUI dialog, I can right click and hit append or insert, and it simply puts some menu like File in the list.
I believe I was supposed to get a list of available menus, like with the ribbon Append or Insert command.
I just noticed the same thing happens with toolbars.
I am starting to think the bcad CUI dialog needs a lot of work.
In acad, there are 4 panels - workspace contents, complete treeview of menus and things for all loaded menus, command list, and properties of individual items.
So we just drag and drop items from the big treeview into our workspace tree.
That is odd in the BCAD CUI dialog.
I don't care though, I just need it to work. Before I do a bug report, am I just missing how to show pulldowns in bcad?

Comments

• I think the procedure is to first add the menu on the 'Menus' tab. The new item is then appended in all work spaces but can be deleted where it is not required.

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck
    That would be for new pulldown menus. I am talking about existing.
    I can't believe the bcad CUI would not allow me to add back the Parametric or any pulldown I previously removed from a workspace.
    There are tons of pulldowns I may need to explore at some point, but don't want them all up at once.
    I know how to do this with lisp but I'm trying to support lots of users that need to simply use the CUI dialog.
    thx

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited November 2019

To add an existing menu:

1. Right click the Menus node and select 'Append menu' (or right-click an exiting menu and select 'Insert menu').
    2. To replace the default menu that has been added click the ID field in the lower part of the dialog and in the drop down select a different menu ID.

BTW: Instead of deleting items from the Menus node of a workspace you can change their Display property to 'No'.

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck
    Right, that is the process I explained works perfect for ribbon tabs, so thought menus would be the same.
    Instead, after clicking Append, it skips any dialog that would let me choose what to append, and wrongly picks something for me.
    Are you saying you do get a list of menus, and are allowed to pick the one you want?
    This is not a V20 issue, I tried on V18 and V19 so think the Bricsys team never finished the feature.
    thanks for your replies!

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited November 2019

Yes, as explained, a default item is added, but you can change it via the ID field. Click in the field and voila: drop down list (Note I am using V18).

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck
    Oh, indeed, that is it. I misread.
    I have to say, that is not intuitive.
    It works though, thanks a bunch!