Who is willing to buy platinum level over Pro, for TIN surfaces and alignments?

I was all excited to test out the TIN surfaces and alignments, thinking they would be in Pro, since it has point clouds which are kind of a civil thing in part.
It turns out the features are only in Platinum level, and we have Pro.
Don't get me wrong, I am not punishing Bricsys' good deed by claiming I "deserve" those features in Platinum. I don't deserve anything and they spent money to make the features.
What I would like to see though is if people would buy the Platinum level specifically to get TIN surfaces (and alignments, though not sure what that feature has yet).
My claim is that adding TIN surfaces to Pro level, will sell more product because the big goal is to draw autocad users to bricscad, not upsell from Pro to Platinum.
Autodesk added Map and raster design to autocad (rental only though) but not Civil3d stuff.
To see Bricsys add it to Pro is like saying they care more than adesk about basic functionality.
I would even say they should eliminate the Platinum level, and raise the price on Pro just a bit to cover any lost sales, and simplify the flavor lineup.
What do you folks think?
I'm just one guy, but have a long history of CAD use, programming, and design and hate to see good features go unleveraged.
thanks

Comments

• While I am often irritated by the sales and marketing departments of a company, the reality is that they are quite necessary, and have to make some difficult decisions in the process of keeping a company in business. I am sure the decisions about what to include at what level of product, is a difficult one, that may be hard to nail down with facts in regards to the profitability for a company.

Personally, I was irritated when BricsCAD removed some features from the Platinum version, and made them separate modules. And back when they shifted some of the import/export features to Communicator. Thus upgrades became downgrades for some features. The lesson here is that moving features to a higher level, or a different program will create a lot of ill-will. So, it might be safer to keep them at the higher levels, if there is any doubt about what level it should be at.

-Joe

• James Maeding
    edited November 2019

@Joe Dunfee
    Thanks, good points for sure. If bricsys did what I asked, and put in TINs in Pro, would they ever be able to split it off again if they fully develop their civil stuff?
    There must be some key group that wants parametric bad, but does not need the BIM stuff.
    Again though, the money got from selling a few platinums is nothing compared to a group of users switching from acad to bcad.
    This is all about addiction, and the bcad crew needs to be slinging shards to make those fat stacks if they want to win (Breaking Bad (Bcad?)).