Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screen update interrupted

edited December 2019 in Troubleshooting - 3D

Does anyone has any idea of this bug (Screen update was interrupted because of unknown error) or has dealt with it? It occurs mostly when changing visual style when in a 3d view and it does not leaves the screen, not allowing me to save, hence forcing me to force quit.

Please, I would appreciate any help or thoughts.

Thanks.

See the message:

Screen update error message.JPG
385 x 127 - 14K

Comments

• Try running REDSDKINFO from the BricsCAD command line and check the results. Also perhaps run DxDiag if you're in Windows.

• I have the same issue but it happens when I thaw layers. Never had this issue with v18, started with v19 and continues with v20. Happened on my old Intel I7 with SLI'd Nvidia and also continues with my new Ryzen 9 3950x with Radeon video card, so I would think it is not hardware related.

I did submitted this as a bug report and Bricsys was not able to reproduce this extremely and costly (lost work) crash.

Ps. turned off all multithreaded options too, with no avail.

• I'm also having this issue. It appears to be random. My drawings are 2D model space only. So far I've always been asked whether to save a recovery file and so far I have not lost work. The problem has gotten far worse in V20.2. Neither REDSDKINFO nor DxDiag report anything useful.

The log file for today's crash shows that I successfully turned all layers on. The toolbar button is assigned a command of

^C^C_-layer;_on;*;;REGEN

and the log shows the correct prompts for that. After the line that read ": REGEN" there were thousands of lines in the log with just ":".

• edited March 30

@Richard Webb said:
    Try running REDSDKINFO from the BricsCAD command line and check the results. Also perhaps run DxDiag if you're in Windows.

What does it actually do ?

For me it shows my hardware, driver and quite a lot of OpenGL features supported.
    Would it show any warnings if graphic features would be missing ?

• edited March 30
    I'm getting a lot of these too! Most of the times accompanied with a save recover fortunately.