Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extrude a rect also did a subtract - how to prevent it?

I extruded a rectangle (yellow) and the extrusion passed through an existing solid (green).

What I thought I would get is an interference pattern as a visual clue but the action did a subtract on the existing solid. All 4 pieces of the angle iron base were identical before the extrusion. Now two have cuts in their vertical sides.

I checked the EXTRUDE docs and saw no reference (that I understood) to change the behavior to not subtract, but to interfere. Is there a setting?

Screenshot from 2020-02-28 09-23-09.png
936 x 936 - 19K

Comments

• You need to set DMEXTRUDEMODE and PUSHPULLSUBTRACT to your liking.
    I guess the most intuitive setting for the former is 6, and 0 for the latter: This will allow you to DMEXTRUDE boundaries that lie on a solid's face to create holes or protrusions, without having to fear that you might alter other solids encountered on the way, and the same would apply if you DMPUSHPULL recognized boundaries.

• Thank you. I'll look those setting up.