Black crosshair

Hi,
I'm used to draw on black background. When I switch from Model to Layout crosshair get black. When I switch back to Model keeps black. -> black crosshair on black background.
Any hint?
Thank you

Comments

• wow, I got 4 email notifications on this new thread...
    what version?

• Crosshairs make some automatic color changes based on background color, to ensure that the crosshairs are not too close in color to the background. I don't know how you got a black crosshair on a black background. That shouldn't happen.

I use red crosshairs. That shows up well on white or black background, and my crosshairs never make any automatic color change. I got that by setting ColorX=1 and ColorY=1.

• MDunn
    edited May 2020

@Anthony, setting ColorX=1 & ColorY=1, sounds like a good idea, implementation complete.
    Being a traditionalist, & knowing paper is of course Black & not White

• MDunn
    edited May 2020

@Anthony, setting ColorX=1 & ColorY=1, sounds like a good idea, implementation complete.
    Being a traditionalist, & knowing paper is of course Black & not White

• MDunn
    edited May 2020

HELP!

Posting is NOT WORKING,
    Only posted 3 of 21 lines.
    Attempted twice above.

HELP!

• I've been having issues too. Seems the site gets confused now and then.

• Linux
    Version 20.2.04 (x64)
    also when moving objects crosshair is not visible. and can't change CROSSHAIRDRAWMODE value. maybe missign package?

• I'm using PDF underlays in Layout. When there is no PDF or "Show underlay" is , crosshair is working OK.

• MDunn
    edited May 2020

Being a traditionalist, & knowing paper is of course Black & not White, MS & PS is always Black (millennials would not understand), & 2 (yellow) shows up so well on black; my crosshairs have been 2 for 25 yrs.
    And not w/out it’s inherent problems, like making a *WMF file, (historically anyway) or now doing screen dumps, the black background doesn’t go well in emails or especially when printing.
    So, again historically speaking, I had a profile that took care of that, thus w/ a white background & black crosshairs. Could not get it to work doing the multiple profiles in BricsCAD, probably my ignorance, but like a good CAD hand, I found a rather nice down & dirty workaround of using BKGCOLOR 256 or 7 depending.
    That still left the Crosshairs hanging out in the wind however.
    Your COLORX & COLORY is a good solution for that, will go well w/ either background color.
    Very nice.
    This forum is kind of like going to AU & finding fellow CAD geeks to bounce ideas off from, & give/get some great commands & settings unfamiliar w/ using. I miss the good ol’ AU days. What ever happened to “dave espinosa-aguilar”, he had some great tips & tricks?
    Mike