Flex duct convert from spline in 3D?

I try to find any plugin or lisp to make flex duct simply. Could anyone help me in this queston ?
I checked many website and forum to find one but there is 2D version mostly.

Comments

• wow, how to have safe flex duct, almost misread your post.
    You need to explain more.
    I do a similar thing for civil engineering pipelines, and the method is to make a 3d pline of the center of the duct, then run SWEEP on that, using a circle or whatever shape. That gives a smooth pipe though, not corrugated like a flex pipe.
    I'd have to think how to get the corrugations.

• Try making one duct "segment" and then running an ARRAYPATH for the segment along the pline. Then run a sweep of the circle of the lesser diameter along the same pline to dress it up and fill in the gaps. It's not perfect but it gets the idea across.

• Thanks answers. I will try out that way.
    dear James, just there is a solution that AX3000 use. Build flexduct to spline.
    This is complicated and time-consuming.
    For example there is Cadvent by lindab. you mark two point on any spiro pipe and make connection automaticlly.

• ksotus
    Since V19 I just draw flexible duct from the start using circular profile from BIM profiles or create my own to suit. This ensures that the flexi will at least have a chance of fitting. I presume you are talking about converting an existing 2D drawing to 3D. I too, a few years ago I used to create the required profile and extrude along a spline but was data hungry.
    Typically now I start duct from cushion head and another off duct spigot if tricky. BIMFLOWCONNECT then automatically gives several options to connect two ducts. Using MEP connectors and a light colour [9 on our CTB] gives quite a nice render and does give some flexi looking bends. I have recently started added materials to flexis which looks ok but WIP.
    Cheers
    Muzz