Why won't JOIN work on 3d polylines?

I've wanted this for years in acad, but neither have it. I wrote my own but just seems like the JOIN command should join 3d plines if they meet end to end in 3d.

Comments

• Yes James, the logic of it is overwhelming, but totally missed by those w/ the control. One that always killed me was in the PGP file, "CO" for COPY. Why the extra "O"?!!!! 1st time I edited the PGP file C was for COPY, CI was for CIRCLE. Logic is apparently over rated by some.
    Oh, remember when the "-" was in FRONT of the command name for a window, w/out it for the command line? Then w/ R13 "windows" it was reversed? What a silly thing to waste programming on changing.

• It might be a recent addition but join works just fine, even in Autocad LT, with 3D polyline objects

• aridzv
    edited April 2021

@James Maeding said:
    I've wanted this for years in acad, but neither have it. I wrote my own but just seems like the JOIN command should join 3d plines if they meet end to end in 3d.

@James Maeding
    Hi.
    I'm using V21-2.02-01.
    I've drawn 2 3DPOLY that have 3 vertex each, and with different Z values, but one vertex for each one of them was the same( X,Y,Z).
    I used the JOIN command and it did joined them to one entity, kipping the joined entity as a 3DPOLY.
    I did another test, Drawing PLOYLINE (x,y and elevation) and a 3DPOLY with different z values and one joint vertex, and when using the join command the joined object turned in to 3DPOLY and kept the z values (Elevation of the 2DPOLY turned to Z).