CUI compatibility

I know CUI files from AutoCAD can be used in BricsCAD. However, if I make changes in this file with BricsCAD, will this menufile still work in AutoCAD? What are the limitations here?

Comments

• We do all our ribbon and menu creation in ACAD's CUI command. Then using BricsCAD MENULOAD we select that partial menu CUIx file and BricsCAD quickly creates .CUI / .RESx files. After that read operation, BricsCAD never touches the CUIx file again, so the .CUIx loads in ACAD, the CUI/RESx loads in BricsCAD. Only takes a couple seconds whenever we update our CUIx file to update the .CUI/RESx.
  • My experience has been that AutoCAD -> BricsCAD menu works fine. The icons will be missing for any tools that reference AutoCAD built-in ones.

I've found that BricsCAD -> AutoCAD menu conversion is problematic. Last time I tried this, I found it was easier to recreate the menu in AutoCAD from scratch.

If you're looking to support both platforms, then you're best to follow Terry's advice. Be design, BricsCAD will gracefully deal with the majority of customisations created in AutoCAD.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V22 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts