stretch and hatches

I have to admit i am finding the stretch command and hatches quite infuriating.
My drawing consist of groups of boxes, some hatched some not.
Whenever i want to stretch a group to change its size, and the bounding box also inludes one with a hatch. the hatch moves down/up by the amount of stretch.
Why? the hatch should stay where it was, as i havent selected any of its edges just the bounding box over it central section.
Stretch and hatches are one are of bricscad that does not work as well as my old autocad.

Comments

• Check whether the hatches are associative or not; if they are, they are associated with the bounding box and will stretch with it. If not, you will need to modify/stretch the vertices of the hatch separately.
  • He's saying the hatch moves as a whole, rather than stretching.
  • Thanks, Tom .. my comment may not be the answer, but until we hear from the original poster I think it may still be tied to associative hatching. There are much more knowledgeable users here who can really help and answer this more definitively than we can!
  • .... Stretch and hatches are one are of bricscad that does not work as well as my old autocad.

This issue was discussed before, in a thread called "Hatching issues."
    https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/38042/hatching-issues

I can't be sure, since I no longer have any version of Autocad and don't even have a new version of Bricscad; but I was left with the impression that the way Bricscad handles hatches during stretches is indeed different from the way they were handled in "old Autocad," but is the same as the way they're handled in new Autocad.

• Thankyou to all who have commented.
    i have found that setting it to retain boundrys makes it function as i was expecting, but i cant set this to be an always on choice.