CIVILPOINT - import data from total station

Hi Guys, I just upgraded to V24 last Friday as I need to create a map from some point survey data. I'm trying to use command "CIVILPOINT" to import points into my file.
I'm getting error "error parsing line x". Can you advise how point data needs to be modified in order to allow to import ? File in attachment is a sample of point data.

Comments

• I fail to understand why one would have to define a new input file format when one already exists - PENZ - for the user's file. I use v24 and have used this way of importing civil points before without a problem. The reason I am here now in this post is that this import no longer works for me. Nothing happens when I hit OK in the "select point file" dialog - no error, no nothing. What is going on?
  • Hello.

The attached file contains alphanumeric values in the first column.
    With the current development, alphanumeric values are not allowed for point number.
    Consequently, using the PENZ format will not work.

With V24.2.03, there are some new formats available for importing point files.
    One of them is NameENZ.
    This format will treat the first column as the point name and works file with the attached file.
    In this case, the point number will be added automatically and will be an integer value.

With other versions, V24.1.08 for instance, you will need to define a new format, like NameENZ, as it is not available by default.
  • aridzv
    edited March 25
    @Virgil was ahead of me...
    no need to create new style.
    just change the first field in the PENZ settings to row discription from number.
    see attached screen shot.

• ALANH
    edited April 5
    For me starting in the 90's with civil design software, I would open your point file in excel move column 1 to become a description, and add point numbers to column 1. So PENZD is now format, in your 2 posts did not see description stringing for me that is a must. There is add on software out there. See other post.