Converting Civil Points to standard points

Is it possible to convert Civil Points to standard Points (or even a Block)? I'm attempting to use DATAEXTRACTION on my drawing to extract the Color and XYZ coordinates from a lot of points into a CSV, however I can't seem to find a way for this to work with Civil Points- the output file is blank.

Additionally, I need to export the DWG to DXF so the field guys can view the file on their equipment, and Civil Points don't carry over with the DXF export.

I've tried exploding the Civil Points to Block References, but that doesn't yield a result either.

Comments

• Update:

I've gotten DATAEXTRACTION to work with Civil Points—- Needed to capture Northing, Easting, & Elevation rather than XYZ.

Issue still remains- How do I best go about exporting Civil Points to DXF?

• Hello.

There is no straightforward way to convert a civil point to a simple point entity.

You could use the data extraction to create a csv file.
    Then you could convert the csv file into a script using the _MULTIPLE and _POINT commands.
    The link below points to an article on this topic.
    https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-import-survey-data-from-excel-into-AutoCAD.html

• Thanks- that's one possible workaround, and what I'll be using to get the job done today. Is it possible to import a CSV as regular Points rather than Civil Points?

Using the script method you've linked, I've noticed the points are subject to snapping to other objects already in the file, which is extremely concerning (also, it takes a while for 28k points to populate). I can freeze all other layers and turn off snaps, but that's still pretty non-ideal, especially given the time to takes for the script to execute.

• When posting to forums its not a good idea to start a second post which is basically about the same problem in your other post.