Bricscad (Linux) Beta 10.6.2

2»

Comments

• Tijs

How I can get this output?

I have an gnome bugreporter report only, but it very from yours one, is it usable?

• @Andrey Didencool

If the output contains a stack trace, it is usable.

A stack trace is a chain of function calls.

With some renaming (name demangling) you can see the top of my stack trace contains this chain of functions:

cfree
    odrxFree
    OdGeTess::Contour::breakToConvex2
    OdGeTess::Contour::breakToConvex
    OdGiGeometrySimplifier::shellFaceOut::OdGeVector3d

I think the crash you experience is also a bug in OdGeTess::Contour.  That can be seen from a stack trace. The same error type "free(): invalid next size" or "double delete" or something similar would also be an indication.

• Window mesagge "Cannot set locale to 'en_US'" is show each time I open Bricscad. Have spanish Ubuntu

• Hi - testing version 10.6.2 build 19557 beta on OpenSuse (64.)

I'm unable to open some of my existing files. Can't figure out what it is about those files that different than the others. Will let you know if I can figure it out.

Plotting problem:

With a previously defined printer that no longer exists, I get a message saying that the program will use the default printer. When I click "OK" the program aborts. Here's the printout for the whole session:

john@linux-ftbn:~> bricscad

(bricscad:23731): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

(bricscad:23731): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

DWGdirect warning: priority={0} An error occurred while rendering entity 6423: Object of class AcDb3dPolylineVertex can't be cast to AcDb2dVertex.
    bricscad: /home/build/dev/ddcad.autobuild/ddcad/src/utils/ut_print_data.cpp:625: void ut::PrintData::setPaperSize(short int, const POINT*): Assertion `!psDim || (GetPaperSize().x == psSize.x && GetPaperSize().y == psSize.y)' failed.
    Aborted

Thanks for getting closer and closer to a great product.

• @Andrey Didencool

On opening fresh, I can get to File -> Page Setup & File -> Print without issue.  I do not however have a printer set up, so I can't go to print preview.  Block creation also appears to work fine.  I tested these with an install on a Fedora 12 x64 VMware install.

FYI, to get running on Fedora 12 64-bit (YMMV):

yum install fontconfig.i686 cups.i686 cups-devel.i686 mesa-libGLU.i686 gtk2.i686 freetype.i686 libSM.i686

I'm not sure if you need cups & cups-devel or only cups-devel.  If you launch bricscad from the command line, it'll tell you which libraries it can't find.  Then a simple "yum provides */lib-file-name*" will show you which i686 package(s) is(are) missing.

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32.9-70.fc12.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Mar 3 04:40:41 UTC 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• @Andrey Didencool

on FC12 32-bit new drawing crashes on File -> Page Setup and File -> Print

(bricscad:26440): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_drawable_get_depth: assertion `GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed
    bricscad: /home/build/dev/ddcad.autobuild/ddcad/src/utils/ut_print_data.cpp:625: void ut::PrintData::setPaperSize(short int, const POINT*): Assertion `!psDim || (GetPaperSize().x == psSize.x && GetPaperSize().y == psSize.y)' failed.
    Aborted (core dumped)
    quit

Still no problems with block creation or insertion.

Also,

PASTECLIP drop with ORTHO on is orthogonal to origin.  It should be independent of ORTHO state.

Still worlds better than icad....

Chris

• I spent a few more hours driving.....  Some notes....

1.  F8 (ORTHO on/off) is not available inside a command (i.e it is not a transparent command).  Clicking on the footer bar does work.

2.  Insert -> Insert Object does nothing

3.  As far as the command recall....  My current thinking is that the history buffer is getting filled up.  Even up arrow recall stops working, and ENTER recall brings the same command up each time (in this case MIRROR).  Closing the drawing and reopening doesn't resolve.  Restarting Bricscad resolves the problem (temporarily) though after about 7 commands, the MIRROR recall became permanent again (one of those command was a mirror).

4.  If a command is cancelled (with ESC key), CTRL-Z (or U) tries to undo the cancelled command first.

5.  100% CPU on copy layout while waiting for name verification (Enter new layout name: )

6.  Inserting a 2.7M JPEG causes sloooow interaction performance and trying to resize using grips caused resident memory usage to jump from ~300M to well over 1G with subsequent hard crash (I've got 4G of physical). Nothing in console other than "Killed". 

7.  Print preview shows landscape but prints portrait.  Since I can't get into the print setup, I'm assuming this would be configurable therein.  I'm also not familiar enough with CUPS to know if this is a limitation of the libraries.

Still on the 32-bit Fedora 12 native.

Chris

This discussion has been closed.