It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Bricscad (Linux) 11.1.8 BETA is now available.
* DYNAMIC INPUT and DYNAMIC DIMENSIONS:
o DYNMODE variable: controls whether dynamic dimensions are available while creating/editing entities.
o DYNMODE can be switched ON/OFF using the new DYNMODE button on the status bar.
o DYNDIVIS variable: specifies how many dynamic dimensions are displayed simultaneously.
o DYNDIGRIP variable: specifies which dynamic dimension types are displayed.
o DynDimColorHover setting: specifies the color of dynamic dimensions when hovering over a grip point.
o DynDimColorHot setting: specifies the color of dynamic dimensions when moving grip points.
o DynDimLineType setting: specifies the line type of dynamic dimensions when moving grip points.
o DynDimDistance setting: specifies a factor for the distance between the dynamic dimensions line and the grip points being dimensioned.
* DYNAMIC BLOCKS: insertion of dynamic blocks and modification of properties through the properties bar have been implemented, so existing dynamic block libraries can be leveraged.
* SELECTIONAREA, WINDOWAREACOLOR, CROSSINGAREACOLOR and SELECTIONAREAOPACITY variables control whether, and how, the selection area is visualized.
* MIDPOINT SNAP: the MTP (midpoint-between-two-points) command modifier can be used at any Command prompt to locate a point by keying in MTP or M2P.
* PARALLEL SNAP: constrains a line, polyline segment, ray or xline to be parallel to another linear entity.
* PARALLEL command: toggles the parallel snap setting.
o CACHELAYOUT setting: controls whether the content of layouts is cached, making layout switching up to 10 times faster. Caching requires extra memory, but while implementing the cache mechanism we could reduce the memory needed to display entities. The net result is that the memory needed to display drawings has been reduced, even when layout caching is activated.
* HPSEPARATE: the hatch dialog now offers the possibility to create separate hatches when clicking subsequent points to detect and create hatch boundaries.
* MTEXT: added support for background masks.
* CREATEVIEWPORTS variable: controls if a new viewport is created for newly created layouts.
o SR19622: Fixed a problem with (read-line) with UTF encoded files. Srings read by (read-line) function from UTF encoded files were stored with the physical length as stored in file, instead of using the logical length of the strings - in result, such strings were shown with trailing \000 characters at command line, and (strlen) returned physical length.
o SR19625: Fixed a problem with (vlax-xxx) functions dealing with SAFEARRAY data type. Before this fix, storing and retrieving strings with SAFEARRAY could result in memory corruption and Lisp engine crash (segmentation fault).
o SR19666, SAFEARRAY with VARIANT objects: SafeArrayGetElement() and SafeArrayPutElement() did not correctly store and retrieve VARIANT objects.
o SR19668: Fixed problems when writing to file. Mixed ANSI and UNICODE content could be written to the same file.
o SR19686: Fixed a bug using ESCAPE key while DCL dialog was active. This issue could cause unhandled exceptions.
o SR19760: Added support of home folder alias tilde "~" for file handling functions. Before this fix using the tilde "~" character for user home folder did not work with Lisp file functions like (findfile "~/name.lsp"), (load "~/name.lsp") and similar.
o SR19763: Fixed (vl-string->list) behaviour. As opposed to the (ascii) function, (vl-string->list) did not convert the characters to system ANSI codepage.
* ACADVER was increased to 17.2
* SR17381 - CUI: when the user did not have write access to the main CUI file, attempts to save the file caused an 'application became unstable' alert. Now, a more appropriate message is shown.
* SR22272 - TIME variables: when creating a new drawing from a template, the time variables were taken from the template drawing. This has been corrected:
o TDCREATE, TDUPDATE, TDUCREATE, TDUUPDATE are set to the current time.
o TDINDWG and TDUSRTIMER are reset to zero.
* SR26014 - XDATA: introduced copying of xdata when dimstyle was modified.
* SR26365 - MTEXT EDITOR:
o Error occurred when editing mtext residing at YZ-plane, viewed from the X direction.
o The Width adjustment box now has a fixed size of 30x20 pixels, instead of a size relative to the mtext's text height.
* SR26445 - LAYOUT SWITCH: if caching of layouts is active (CACHELAYOUT = On), entities on viewport-frozen layers could be missing from the display when switching to other layouts.
* MTEXT: improved justification of MTEXT and multiple and single line attributes.
* SHADEMODE: highlighted edges were not visible because only faces were drawn.
* VIEWPORTS: frame of active PS viewport should be visible even if the viewport is on frozen or off layer.
* SR16102 - LIST: 1. Multiple blank lines were eliminated in SORT modes. 2. Text screen flickering while switching to Sort/Sequential mode has been avoided.
* SR16373 - LIST command: added support for MLEADER entities.
* SR16506 - HATCH: hatches were invisible eventhough their number of dashes was still far below the MAXHATCH threshold.
* SR19167 - HATCH: the definition of the GRAVEL1 hatch pattern was corrected.
* SR19600, SR20185, SR26202 - AUDIT, RECOVER: fixed for drawings with duplicate entries in symbol table.
* SR19972, SR21418, SR24232: WBLOCK ALL incorrectly handled paperspace entities.
* SR23747 - PICKSTYLE: added support for associative hatches when PICKSTYLE=2.
* SR23766 - DRAWORDER: command did not allow to select entities on locked layers.
* SR23884 - DISPLAY: during loading, the multiline attribute position was shifted for certain fonts.
* SR24068 - SNAP MARKER: if snapping was explicitly activated during ZOOM command, snap markers were not drawn.
* SR24109 - DIMSCALE: leader text had zero-height if DIMSCALE was 0.
* SR24353, SR24885 - VIEW RESTORE: should restore view in active viewport instead of whole model space.
* SR24435 - TEXT: text in user-provided drawing was shown in the wrong location on open.
* SR24511 - MATCHPROP: behavior was not compatible if entities were preselected.
* SR24618 - SNAP: fixed snapping to SPLINE.
* SR24666 - PEDIT: snap was not working during EDIT stage.
* SR24708 - MTEXT EDITOR: when using a locale different from Us_EN, formatting double precision numbers intermittently failed.
* SR24732 - DRAWING EXPLORER: incorrect number of block references is reported in Drawing Explorer for copied blocks
* SR24859 - INSERT: Drawings that contain an AcDbTextStyleRecord with empty name field (name is "") could not be inserted into another one.
* SR24890, SR26055 - MULTIPLE: failed to repeat commands entered as global name with underscore in localized versions (e.g. _MULTIPLE _CIRCLE).
* SR24987 - OPEN: drawing could not be opened because it contained a NULL block. Solved by erasing the erronuous block.
* SR25073 - SAVE: user-provided drawing could not be saved in dwg2010 format.
* SR25079, SR25153 - CIRCLE TTR: fixed construction of a circle tangent to a closed polyline using TTR mode (Tangent-Tangent-Radius).
* SR25132 - CMDACTIVE variable:was not set to 1 if a system variable was being changed directly by typing its name.
* SR25158 - CHAMFER: failed for two lines located at large coordinates.
* SR25324 - HATCH: fixed crash when trying to detect a boundary in an area consisting of many parallel line segments.
* SR25336 - EXTENTS: extents of block references should not include extents of invisible attributes.
* SR25432 - ATTEXT: fixed wrong cyclic reference detection while extracting attributes from nested blocks.
* SR25448 - GRIP EDIT: allowed to edit entities on locked layers.
* SR25461 - COORDINATE DISPLAY: the coordinate display mode was not reset after canceling the POLYLINE command.
* SR25532 - MTEXT EDITOR: applied incorrect text justification.
* SR25712 - INSERT: fixed a crash on insertion of uniform scaling block, also 'Insert' dialog behavior was corrected for uniforml scaled blocks.
* SR25807 - TRIM: when an insert was selected before starting the command, a crash occurred.
* SR25945 - UCS: fixed default y dir calculation of 3point option - now it is cross product of z axis and x dir instead of the former simple shift in y axis from origin point.
* SR25951 - GRIP EDIT: command names used for grip editing were corrected (i.e. 'GRIP STRETCH' was used instead of 'GRIP_STRETCH').
* SR25957 - SHADEMODE: fixed error when displaying unresolved 'ByLayer' color (entity had 'ByLayer' color, and the layer as well).
* SR26043, SR25882 - TXTEXP command: last straight segments after curved ones in TTF text contours were processed incorrectly, leading to chamfering of adjacent corners.
* SR26134 - TABSURF, REVSURF: fixed processing of LwPolylines.
* SR26221 - SNAP: intersection snap between two parallel polylines that were just slightly apart (<= 1e-6) was failing.