Bricscad (Linux) 11.3.13 BETA

Hello All,

A new beta version can be downloaded using the Bricscad (Linux) BETA download link.

This version includes fixes for status bar, lisp file dialog, unicode filenames...

Greetings
Tijs

Comments

• Thanks,
    great to see the unneded titlebars gone!

On the other hand, the crashes with partial menus (SR 29565) are not gone...

• (bricscad:8923): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

• Hi Tijs,

one question, this new version include an improved lisp engine? because, various lisp routines don't work in the linux version but they work in the windows version.

regards

• Hi, Jorge,
    unfortunately, the Lisp engine is not yet complete as the Windows version ...
    As we promised, it will come, with 99.9 % identical functionality as the Windows version - it is simply a lot of work left to do.
    There are not any technical problems anymore - so we think, that the completed Lisp engine will come over next monthes.

Many greetings

• I wonder if this version will allow us to finally be able to work quietly with files that containimages. So far it is a tragedy to do that. Purttoppo are a bit 'discouraged, but I do not think much interest. Now the Classic version seems to be being abandoned.

• @Knut Hohenberg
    >the crashes with partial menus (SR 29565) are not gone...

My mistake.  A fix has been made for this issue in our trunk, which led me to adding it to the Release Notes, but apparently I forgot to merge the fix into the 11.3.13 tag.
    I have removed it from the Release Notes.  The fix will appear in the next version.

(trunk is where continuous development goes on, a tag is where versions to be published are stabilized)

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!