Bricscad (Linux) 11.3.13 BETA

Hello All,

A new beta version can be downloaded using the Bricscad (Linux) BETA download link.

This version includes fixes for status bar, lisp file dialog, unicode filenames...

Greetings
Tijs

Comments

• Thanks,
    great to see the unneded titlebars gone!

On the other hand, the crashes with partial menus (SR 29565) are not gone...

• (bricscad:8923): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "clearlooks",
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

• Hi Tijs,

one question, this new version include an improved lisp engine? because, various lisp routines don't work in the linux version but they work in the windows version.

regards

• Hi, Jorge,
    unfortunately, the Lisp engine is not yet complete as the Windows version ...
    As we promised, it will come, with 99.9 % identical functionality as the Windows version - it is simply a lot of work left to do.
    There are not any technical problems anymore - so we think, that the completed Lisp engine will come over next monthes.

Many greetings

• I wonder if this version will allow us to finally be able to work quietly with files that containimages. So far it is a tragedy to do that. Purttoppo are a bit 'discouraged, but I do not think much interest. Now the Classic version seems to be being abandoned.

• @Knut Hohenberg
    >the crashes with partial menus (SR 29565) are not gone...

My mistake.  A fix has been made for this issue in our trunk, which led me to adding it to the Release Notes, but apparently I forgot to merge the fix into the 11.3.13 tag.
    I have removed it from the Release Notes.  The fix will appear in the next version.

(trunk is where continuous development goes on, a tag is where versions to be published are stabilized)

This discussion has been closed.