image move

I try to move an image depending on lines and polygons inside the image. The image is at buttom draworder, so the vector element are all visible. If i select the image to move it, it is pushed in front, and i can not see any vector elements anymore.
Is there any possibility to change this behavior, or is there a workaround that makes the vector element visible.

Comments

• This is apparently a 'known issue':
    https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/16507

Maybe using transparency can solve your problem?
  • is true,
    and it is very important, because it is not possible to superimpose the image on the vector
  • If I understand Herbert, he is trying to move the raster image by a displacement which is given by the vector elements (lines, polylines). Couldn't you switch off the display of the image, select the outline of the image and move it by snapping to the appropriate line or polyline endpoints? Once the move is performed, you can switch on the image display again. An easy way to switch  the display of the raster image to On/Off is selecting it and setting the 'Show Image'  in the Properties bar to Yes/No.
  • On the other hand, if what you are trying to do is align the image to your CAD data; then the best option is to move the image away from the CAD elements and then use the "align" command to move (and if necessary scale) the image into it's correct location.  This is very useful for aligning CAD data with an aerial image or another practitioners PDF plan.  Once this is done then turn off the image frame or lock the layer so that you don't keep bringing the image to the front.  Apologies if this isn't what you meant but hopefully it is useful to someone :)
  • Thank you all for your comments. Now i know it is not my fault. Should i write a support ticket for this issue?

@roy: you are right, your comment in the linked thread is exactly my problem. transparency is not an option for me because there is not transparency defined in the image.

@ferdinand: the image displacement is not only defined by the vector element but also by the image. ie. the corner of a building is visible in vector data and in the image and should by aligned. The image should by an underlay for the vector data.

@daniel: this is the only working solution, but it not very comfortable.

• Hi Herbert,

I have previously raised a support request on this (SR29658), was adviced a fix is scheduled. THis was some time ago however, a further request may be in order.

In our training courses we use model space VPORTs in conjunction with the ALIGN command as a way to work with images more easily. Splitting your model space view into two allows you to move the image somewhere distinct and zoom in and out in each viewport when aligning. See attached image for reference.

Other option is to place the image on its own layer, then toggle the layer on and off whilst running your positioning command.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts

imageVportsAlign.png
  • Hello Jason,

I'll make sure the support request is updated then, because we looked into this issue and we can't fix it. The code doesn't allow for it. So any solutions will have to be in the form of a workaround.
  • Sometimes when moving raster images around I take advantage of the delay in redraw when the mouse wheel is used to change zoom level. For me the vectors appear first but I don't have the fastest machine either ;-)

It would definitely be nice to have an option for rasters and solid fills to be displayed in their relative draworder or at least in the back during commands operating on them.

• Hello Alexander,
    as i understand you, there is no short-term solution for the problem.
    +are there long-term plans?
    +does it make sense to put one more support request?
  • Hello Herbert. There is no need to enter another supportrequest. We're well aware of the problem. If we come up with a solution we'll implement it.
  • @ Herbert:
    The attached lisp function may be helpful.
    Using StepMove you can move a selection set around by using the arrow keys.
    Every key stroke will move the set a certain step distance.
    All elements will display in the correct draworder but StepMove is just a workaround and still not 'very comfortable'.

Something similar could be done for rotate and scale.

StepMove.lsp

This discussion has been closed.