Bricscad (Linux) 12.1.9 BETA

2»

Comments

• Unfortunately I am not able to install 12.1.14-1 on my 64bit Ubuntu. Does that mean I have to install a 32bit System on a machine with 6GB RAM just to run Bricscad?
  • in my case i have 64 bit hardware, but chose to install the 32bit ubuntu with the PAE kernel.

there are the lib32 packages you can install onto your 64bit system to make it run both types of binaries.

• My Bricscad V11 doesn't do this.  only the V12 beta.

I tried it and it goes thru the menu messages, but the text menu still doesn't load unless i go into customize.

Thanks for the suggestion.

imageScreenshot-4.png
    imageScreenshot-1.png
    imageScreenshot-2.png
    imageScreenshot-3.png
  • The menu not showing up is a timing issue.
    I experience it myself from time to time.
    For some reason the wxgtk menu that we use is not always ready when it is being filled with content, and any content added to it gets lost.

The menu diagnostics alter the timing, thus it has a good chance to hide the timing issue.

We are aware of the issue and certainly intend to fix it.  The main problem is that we cannot test whether the wxgtk menu is ready.
  •  I tested the Bricscad on Archlinux today. It crashes as soon as I switch to 3D mode. Allso none of the menus are displayed. The crash returned this output. 

(bricscad:27936): Gdk-CRITICAL **: _gdk_pixmap_new: assertion '(width != 0) && (height != 0)' failed

(bricscad:27936): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_new: assertion 'width > 0' failed
    The program 'bricscad' received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
      (Details: serial 22 error_code 8 request_code 1 minor_code 0)
      (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
       that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
       To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
       option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
       backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

Does anyone know what this could be?
  •  Hmmm weird. 3D is working on my other PC (desktop with Radeon GPU) while on my laptop (allso with Radeon GPU) it doesn't work. How do iI enable hardware rendering?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!