Geolocation

Does anybody have any experience with geolocating information in Bricscad, or be able to point me in a direction of a tutorial?

Comments

• Hello,

geolocating information

what do you mean with "geolocating information. If you want use the NMEA data from a gps reseiver, you can lsten the port (e.g. using VBA).

Regards
    Peter
  • Hi,

maybe this link about Geolocation in Bricscad helps? Unfortunately only in German.
  • Geographic Location is used for Solar lighting in renderings. The geographic location can be set in the Editor pane of the Drawing Explorer - Lights dialog.
  •  Without the use of a gps. if I know the longitude and latitude of a point, how would I input the information in Bricscad?
  • Q: if I know the longitude and latitude of a point, how would I input the information in Bricscad?
    A: You convert longitude and latitude to UTM and use the obtained UTM coordinates as x,y coordinates in Bricscad where x=Easting y=Northing (the UTM coordinates express meters).
    A web search on "lat/lon to utm" will point you towards online tools to perform such conversions from longitude and latitude to UTM. Once you have UTM coordinates these can be entered directly in CAD. Keep in mind:
    cad X = UTM east
    cad Y = UTM north
  • Since the subject of GeoLocation in BrisCAD was brought up (albeit some time ago), there is now a very low cost add-on tool called GeoLocation+ that allows BricsCAD users to assign a coordinate system in the drawing, then add points by Lat/Long by simply using an 'AC (transparent alternate coordinates) command. This is only the beginning as the tools include the ability to import and export maps in various formats (including KML/KMZ), managed extended data (Fields & Values) on any object (like a polyline), generate background aerial images and much more.

• please Bricsys stop this kind of partial comments
    this man does self-advertising whenever he can do it
    and most of the time these plugins do not solve the issue in the thread or they fail everytime
    at least he should have the courtesy required in any forum so that users can know that he owns the company that sells the plugins

• Terry Dotson
    edited July 2017

Since you just joined and this is your first post can we still assume this in a non-biased opinion and you are not associated with a competing product? Strangely I'm not seeing your complaints of self-advertising by SPaM.

• you should worry a bit more about the problems that your applications cause and a little less of your competitors
    your comment is an insult although your fame of bad-mannered precedes you
    anyway you and your competitors should go out of here with your fights
    and I hope someone does something before you can convert these forums into your private showcase

• Terry Dotson
    edited July 2017

Still waiting for you to post replies on the self advertising NEW posts from SPaM criticizing them as well. At least mine was a reply to an existing post specifically asking about GeoLocation software.

Until you do, you are a part of their team and your opinion means nothing.

• Bjorn_Vermaa
    edited July 2017

sir you have serious concerns with your competition, and no wonder
    your puns are absolutely stupid and so little useful as your products
    attached an image of your last reply because I have seen (puzzled) how often you have modified at your convenience texts and contents in your comments after other people have responded

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!