Does BricsCAD run on "Thin Client Servers" as AutoCAD does

Hi,
Does BricsCAD run on "Thin Client Servers" as AutoCAD does.
Thanks,
Rajesh Celestine.

Comments

• You need to clarify, as AutoCad and AutoCadLT only run installed on a PC, or from server providing virtual desktop (same thing).

If you want to run bcad remotely, the only way is through some kind of remote desktop system, and a system like that runs any windows program remotely so its not saying anything.

So neither acad or bcad run as a web service or something like that. You might be thinking of acadws, which is a childs play toy.

•  I have a client successfully using BricsCAD V14 on remote servers utilising Citrix Xenapp service.  My experience is:  

BricsCAD works smoother and faster than AutoCAD 2011.  I don't know about later versions.  BricsCAD has a far smaller roaming profile and uses less system resources than AutoCAD, so lends itself better to this type of environment.

The user experience for doing CAD (2D work) in this sort of environment is passable but not quite as good as on a pc as there can be slight lags.   There is no hardware acceleration when using CAD in this environment. 

CAD is single use cpu.  So each concurrent user would need their own dedicated remote server.

• You need to clarify, as AutoCad and AutoCadLT only run installed on a PC, or from server providing virtual desktop (same thing).

If you want to run bcad remotely, the only way is through some kind of remote desktop system, and a system like that runs any windows program remotely so its not saying anything.

So neither acad or bcad run as a web service or something like that. You might be thinking of acadws, which is a childs play toy.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
    The wife has been using this for years to run her salon machine from home.
    It just might work although the results will be mixed depending on the interwebs...
    I plan on trying this on the home network just for giggles someday
    :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!