Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Block

Yesterday I started working on a large architectural lighting layout drawing received from an architect.
The entire ceiling is a 2' x  4' grid, and the lighting fixtures are 2' x 4' layins.  
But as I received the drawing the grid and lighting fixtures were on the same layer!!!!

Being new to BricsCad  I thought this will be easy.   Just edit the 2' x 4' block lighting fixrture  (called fluor) and 
everything will be separate layers as I needed.  But I could edit the block and change everything but layer.

I tried attredef  command and still could not separate the layers.

So I created a new layer and used the (move to current layer command) and transferred the light fixture blocks 
one by one to the new layer ???!!!  This was a tedious process.  There must be a better way.   Please assist.

Thanks  H. Hampton.

Comments

• You can use QuickSelect to select entities that share the same property, e.g. all blocks of the same name.
    See the BricsCAD Help under User Guide / Modifying Entities / Selecting Entities / Using Quick Select.
This discussion has been closed.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.