BRX SDK for Mac

Is there a BRX SDK for Mac? If so where can I download it from?
Cheers
Brian 

Comments

• I would also like to know how to port app's for BricsCAD for MAC.
    Is this documented somewhere ?

ty !
  • The BRX SDK does exist for Mac.
    It has not yet been created for V16 yet, but we intend to do so soon.

Access to BRX is granted to registered developers only.
    So please register as a developer, and be sure to mark "ARX/BRX/TX" in the registration form.
    (In the Applications section of our website, follow "Port your application now", then "Register as a developer".)

@Brian: Sorry for not answering earlier - I had noticed your post but somehow forgot to answer...
  • According the comparison BricsCAD for MAC supports LISP (vl, vlr, vla en vlax) and DCL, CUI, MNU, BRX without MFC...
    However lisp files cannot be encrypted ? Is that correct ?

• Dear Dirk,

for Lisp, you will need to encrypt by DEScoder.exe - such .des files are multi-platform;
    Lisp files encrypted by encryptconsole.exe or encryptgui.exe can not be loaded on Linux and Mac ...

So DEScoder.exe must be used on Windows, there is no Linux/Mac version for it.
    many greetings !
  • Because currently only BRX sdk v15 is available i tried to download v15 for mac but when selecting "older versions" the pop-up list only shows windows and linux. Is v15 for mac available for download somewhere ?
  • I just checked our website and BricsCAD(Mac) V15.3.11 en_US is available for download.

That said, the website has been redesigned recently and there have been download problems that are hard to reproduce before.
    Can you try whether reloading the website or logout/login helps?
    I will inform my colleagues responsible for the website.

Also, here is a direct download link to BricsCAD(Mac) V15.3.11 en_US
    http://www.bricsys.com/common/download.jsp?i=4093
    (It uses the system from before the redesign, which is currently still online.)
  • Managed to download it now, it appears that only after logging in the mac option is available.

However regarding the BRX SDK for Mac, the portingmanual.txt refers to Linux Builds, but where do i (as a complete McNoob) find any references for Mac builds ?

• Dear Dirk,

as Tijs told me, he is about to finish BRX v16 for MAC, and in that course likely update the documentation,
    maybe we can provide the BRX sample app as Mac project as well ... it is just in discussion.
    many greetings !
  • ok, thx sounds great.

• I just published BRX for V16.1.03, but the documentation is not updated for mac yet.
    A new release BricsCAD(Mac) V16.1.06 is in preparation. After that release, we intend to also publish a BRX with updated documentation for mac.

Regards
    Tijs
  • What Xcode version is (must be?) used to compile for BRX 15 and 16 ?
    ty !
  • To build BricsCAD(Mac) V16 we use compiler/linker flag "-mmacosx-version-min=10.9".

We currently build BricsCAD (including BRX SDK) on OSX 10.10, XCode 6.1.1.  We have not encountered any problems to run on OSX 10.9.5 (anything earlier is not supported).  So, as far as I can tell, the flag "-mmacosx-version-min=10.9" completely works, and it is not needed to build on an actual OSX 10.9.

To be able to use this flag the 10.9 SDK should exist on your system.
    I checked on OSX 10.9 and 10.10, this is the location of the SDK:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/

It should also be possible to use OSX 10.11.  But mind that the XCode update process (from 10.10 to 10.11) seems to do something wrong with the 10.9 SDK.
    One of our developers had to reinstall XCode and the command line tools after upgrading to 10.11 (much like in this stackoverflow post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19015780/sincos-stret-undefined-symbol-when-linking ).

Same story for V15, but with minimum OSX version 10.8.
  • Hi Tijs,

Is the V16 SDK for Mac already available for downloading (even without documentation)? If so, can you provide the URL?

In regards to XCode version, it seems the latest OSX versions doesn't allow you to install XCode versions below 6.4. Is it possible to use 6.4 but setting the base OSX system to 10.9?

What about creating a source code compatible with both V15 and V16? Would it be just a matter of creating two independente targets?

Regards,
    Fernando.

To build BricsCAD(Mac) V16 we use compiler/linker flag "-mmacosx-version-min=10.9".

We currently build BricsCAD (including BRX SDK) on OSX 10.10, XCode 6.1.1.  We have not encountered any problems to run on OSX 10.9.5 (anything earlier is not supported).  So, as far as I can tell, the flag "-mmacosx-version-min=10.9" completely works, and it is not needed to build on an actual OSX 10.9.

To be able to use this flag the 10.9 SDK should exist on your system.
    I checked on OSX 10.9 and 10.10, this is the location of the SDK:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/

It should also be possible to use OSX 10.11.  But mind that the XCode update process (from 10.10 to 10.11) seems to do something wrong with the 10.9 SDK.
    One of our developers had to reinstall XCode and the command line tools after upgrading to 10.11 (much like in this stackoverflow post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19015780/sincos-stret-undefined-symbol-when-linking ).

Same story for V15, but with minimum OSX version 10.8.
  • The BRX SDK is published in the Chapoo project "Bricsys Partner Area", folder BRX.
    Only registered BRX developers have access to it.
    Here is a direct link to the BRX SDK for BricsCAD V16.1.03:

https://my.chapoo.com/api/link/?r=1853993&t=3

>Is it possible to use 6.4 but setting the base OSX system to 10.9?
    As far as I know it should work.

>What about creating a source code compatible with both V15 and V16? Would it be just a matter of creating two independente targets?
    Yes it should be, probably with an occasional difference for features that are new in V16 (using for instance a preprocessor condition).
  • Hi Tijs,

I'm already registered as BricsCAD Developer but wasn't able to find this SDK at the website.

The chapoo website (through the URL you sent) is asking me to create an account to be able to download the file.
    Is there any other way to download it?

Thanks,
    Fernando.

The BRX SDK is published in the Chapoo project "Bricsys Partner Area", folder BRX.
    Only registered BRX developers have access to it.
    Here is a direct link to the BRX SDK for BricsCAD V16.1.03:

https://my.chapoo.com/api/link/?r=1853993&t=3

>Is it possible to use 6.4 but setting the base OSX system to 10.9?
    As far as I know it should work.

>What about creating a source code compatible with both V15 and V16? Would it be just a matter of creating two independente targets?
    Yes it should be, probably with an occasional difference for features that are new in V16 (using for instance a preprocessor condition).
  • Hello Fernando,

I am forwarding this to a colleague who can arrange access.

Regards
    Tijs
  •  Is there a tutorial available for Xcode? I need something to get me started.
  • There is no tutorial for XCode yet.  A colleague with BRX experience has been assigned to work on this., but it will take some time before he is familiar enough with OSX and XCode.

If it is urgent for you, please enter a support request, and we will try to give ad-hoc help with building.  We have not much experience with directly using XCode, but we will invest on it.  In house we use CMake to generate makefiles that directly call the clang compiler.

For what it's worth, these are important flags that we pass on to the compiler:
    -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -fPIC -D__apple__ -mmacosx-version-min=10.9

Kind Regards
    Tijs Vermeulen
  • Hi
    Sorry to post to an old topic but I thought it would help keep everything Mac/BRX in the same place. I have downloaded the latest BRX for Bricscad 18. I have successfully compiled and run the basic sample application. With the WX sample I have managed to compile the mrx file, but it will not load let alone run. BricsCAD quits as soon as I hit "Load". I have compiled the WX source using the MacOS 10.9 SDK. Is there anything else that may be causing this?
    Cheers
    Brian

• Hello Brian,
    the WX sample is work in progress. It was created on linux, and we wish to make it functional for Windows and Mac too. I suppose we should have distributed it on Linux only while it is not ready. I regret the inconvenience. Please enter a support request so we can further help you with it.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!