Bind XREFS and extrim xclip boundaries

Hi!

I am working a lot of clipped xrefs and now want to send a binded version to other planners.
When i bind the xref the xclip is gone, which is normal like in autocad.
Now in Autocad there exists this little neat thing called explodeall: https://sites.google.com/site/cadkits/home/explodeall
It basically binds all the xrefs and deletes everything outside the xclip-boundaries. But since its a .vlx i cant use it in bricscad.

Is there something similiar in existence for bricscad?

cheers

Comments

• Ok, i answered the first part myself. when i bind an xref it retains the clipped areas.
    But i would like to still clean out all the unnecessary stuff that is clipped.

I could do it manually with drawing a rectangle, explode the block and all nested blocks and then extrim around the rectangle.
    BUT i want to maintain my nested blocks!

There should be some lisps around somewhere or a solution, i just cant find it.

Any ideas?
  • Hello.

If it is only about sending the drawing to a third party without loosing the clips you could use e-transmit-command.

Greetings,

Sascha
  • Yes, thank you.
    But no, its not about that. Its especially to reduce file sizes and not just hide the unused stuff behind a clip.
  • if you like, you can try the attached lisp. Maybee it helps
    Martin

seperate.des

• Thanks.
    Not pretty sure what it should do since no documentation, but anyways it throughs me an error:

(SSLENGTH ABZLI)
    ;
    "bad argument type ; expected SELECTIONSET at [sslength]"

cheers
  • this tool is deleting objects in or arround the Rectangle, you create at start of the tool. Objects, exepted Blocks will be cutted or deleted.
    I correct the error message- maybe its working now at your file?

seperate.des

• Yes, now its working. Thanks.
    Unfortunately i need this tool to also go automatically into the nested blocks and do the trimming without exploding anything. Is there a way to do this?

Cheers
  • Trimming a block reference without exploding would mean creating a new separate block definition. This process may lead to an increased file size.
  • Isnt there a LISP Possibility to _refedit the block (foreaching down to the bottom), and in each block paste rectangle, extrim, delete rectangle, open next block ?

• @Benjamin:
    Using the _Refedit command in the context of a Lisp program is problematic. But maybe an alternative solution is possible (explode > extrim > recreate block?). However you do it, it will be quite a challenge. But don't let that stop you from trying to create code for this.
This discussion has been closed.