Bind XREFS and extrim xclip boundaries

Hi!

I am working a lot of clipped xrefs and now want to send a binded version to other planners.
When i bind the xref the xclip is gone, which is normal like in autocad.
Now in Autocad there exists this little neat thing called explodeall: https://sites.google.com/site/cadkits/home/explodeall
It basically binds all the xrefs and deletes everything outside the xclip-boundaries. But since its a .vlx i cant use it in bricscad.

Is there something similiar in existence for bricscad?

cheers

Comments

• Ok, i answered the first part myself. when i bind an xref it retains the clipped areas.
    But i would like to still clean out all the unnecessary stuff that is clipped.

I could do it manually with drawing a rectangle, explode the block and all nested blocks and then extrim around the rectangle.
    BUT i want to maintain my nested blocks!

There should be some lisps around somewhere or a solution, i just cant find it.

Any ideas?
  • Hello.

If it is only about sending the drawing to a third party without loosing the clips you could use e-transmit-command.

Greetings,

Sascha
  • Yes, thank you.
    But no, its not about that. Its especially to reduce file sizes and not just hide the unused stuff behind a clip.
  • if you like, you can try the attached lisp. Maybee it helps
    Martin

seperate.des

• Thanks.
    Not pretty sure what it should do since no documentation, but anyways it throughs me an error:

(SSLENGTH ABZLI)
    ;
    "bad argument type ; expected SELECTIONSET at [sslength]"

cheers
  • this tool is deleting objects in or arround the Rectangle, you create at start of the tool. Objects, exepted Blocks will be cutted or deleted.
    I correct the error message- maybe its working now at your file?

seperate.des

• Yes, now its working. Thanks.
    Unfortunately i need this tool to also go automatically into the nested blocks and do the trimming without exploding anything. Is there a way to do this?

Cheers
  • Trimming a block reference without exploding would mean creating a new separate block definition. This process may lead to an increased file size.
  • Isnt there a LISP Possibility to _refedit the block (foreaching down to the bottom), and in each block paste rectangle, extrim, delete rectangle, open next block ?

• @Benjamin:
    Using the _Refedit command in the context of a Lisp program is problematic. But maybe an alternative solution is possible (explode > extrim > recreate block?). However you do it, it will be quite a challenge. But don't let that stop you from trying to create code for this.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!