Modifying chamfers on 3D objects ?

The Presspull tool is without a doubt my go to 3D modelling tool. I do have a question though. If I were to modify a chamfer on a 3D object, that was originally modelled as 50x50, and wanting to chamge to 30x30, what is the best way to do this ?

Presspull allows me to modify the chamfer edge, but the modification dimension is perpedicular to the chamfer. See video for clarity.

https://www.screencast.com/t/pcisXOWh0

I cannot find a way with tab or similar to get the dimension to display the chamfer edge distance. Is this at all possible. I mean I can still edit it as is, but requires to do some trigonometry first to get the correct value to enter for presspull as is, to get the correct result.

Comments

• The best way to modify the chamfer is to first remove it using pushpull, then recreate it.

• Or, be a lazy guy like me and let the program do the math. Use Snap Track Lock to get a line that starts at the corner and, from there, draw a line the desired depth of the chamfer. Then select the face and Push/Pull from the Quad to snap to the end of that line. Done.

Louis' way is probably faster, especially if you need to change the chamfer around all four sides.

This discussion has been closed.