Move v16 pro to a new PC. But i Forgot to remove from the old machine !

I have just completed building a new computer, I'm trying to move v16 pro over to the new machine. Unfortunally I have forgotten to removed v16 pro from the old machine .  How to I go about doing this?

Comments

• Per Gogstad
    edited May 2017

If you in any way have access to the old computer, you should use the License Manager within the BricsCAD application to Deactivate the license before installing it on a new computer.

If you no longer have access to the old computer, you can log into your Bricsys account to access the license, and Revoke it. Remember, revoking a license can only be done if you no longer have access to the computer, or have had a major crash and no longer can access the BricsCAD application.

• Hi,
    I have the same question. My HDD broke and I had to reinstall Win10 and all my software. Win10 recognised the same computer, but Briscad won't.
    I still have the old licence activated in bricscad website. The site also refers that this is the last time I can revoke the licence; that scares me a bit. What are my options?

• Bricscad Support ....

If things went wrong badly you should talk to them and explain what
    happened and I expect they can help you.

I think that is a limit that not everybody installs and activates an
    endless number of machines. And you have 2 failures included,
    per each Version, when transferring licenses went wrong.
    It is already nice (and needed for convenience) that you can activate
    Bricscad on 2 devices.

I also lost 1 free failure in the first month when Bricscad refused the
    machine key of a supposed to be occupied License on any of my available
    operating Systems (1x macOS, 2x Windows VM) for any reason.
    Without any changes in Hardware or Operating Systems.

• If you no longer are able to access the BricsCAD license on your old computer, and use the License Manager to Deactivate the license, you can log on to your Bricsys account to Revoke the installation before using it on a new computer. Revoke is the last resort when you no longer have access the old computer with BricsCAD installed, and you can only use Revoke twice for a license through your account. After that you will have file a support request to get the license Revoked.

• I am able to acess the original HDD but it is no longer my default boot disk (i've just reinstalled it in my PC and I can acess its content...so it seems). Is there a file or folder I can retrieve with the needed data so as to regain acess to my licence?

• Nuno,

If you cannot start BricsCAD and access the licenses manager, just forget the old installation. Log on to your Bricsys account on www.bricsys.com and revoke the license from the old installation. In case you already have revoked your licenses two times earlier, you need to file a support request and ask them to revoke your license. After the licenses is revoked, you can install it on a new computer with the license key that you will also find on your Bricsys account.

• How to revoke, but don't use the support email mentioned in the video, but use the online support request form if needed.

• Ok. thanks. I was trying not to use the revoke option...well...I guess I'll have to...

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!