Ctrl key to copy?

In AutoCAD, when grip editing an entity, and if you hold the Ctrl key while dragging the grip, you get a copy of the entity.
This does not work in BricsCAD for me. Is there a setting that controls this?

(You can still use the "C" option at the command line during a grip edit to make a copy)

Comments

• When grip editing, repeatedly hit the space bar to cycle the grip editing options Stretch/Move/Rotate/Scale/Mirror. Each of these options has a Copy option.

• Aha! I never knew that

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    When grip editing, repeatedly hit the space bar to cycle the grip editing options Stretch/Move/Rotate/Scale/Mirror. Each of these options has a Copy option.

I know that. It was in the last sentence of my post.
    The inquiry was about the Ctrl key. Thanks.

• What does work is copying the entity 'as is' by pressing the Ctrl-key while dragging the entity.
    What is not supported is creating copies while grip-editing, resulting in modified copies of the original, e.g. with one of the vertices in a new location.

• To move or copy an object without using any command or any letter options:
    1. Select the object.
    2. Click on the object again (not on an editable grip) and hold.
    3. Press and hold Shift or Ctrl while dragging. Shift = move, Ctrl = copy.

Some objects (lines, circles, arcs, ...?) have a grip that can be used to drag-move the object without a command and without the above procedure. In v17, the Ctrl key doesn't seem to change that move to a copy.

• Thanks for the tip and confirmation @Hans De Backer

• @Anthony Apostolaros - Shift in your step 3 is not necessary here. It defaults to a MOVE operation.

This is the process that does not work in BricsCAD (using grip editing only).
    http://www.cad-addict.com/2009/07/autocad-offset-ellipses-and-keep-them.html

You can use the Copy option on the keyboard however.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!