Ctrl key to copy?

In AutoCAD, when grip editing an entity, and if you hold the Ctrl key while dragging the grip, you get a copy of the entity.
This does not work in BricsCAD for me. Is there a setting that controls this?

(You can still use the "C" option at the command line during a grip edit to make a copy)

Comments

• When grip editing, repeatedly hit the space bar to cycle the grip editing options Stretch/Move/Rotate/Scale/Mirror. Each of these options has a Copy option.

• Aha! I never knew that

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    When grip editing, repeatedly hit the space bar to cycle the grip editing options Stretch/Move/Rotate/Scale/Mirror. Each of these options has a Copy option.

I know that. It was in the last sentence of my post.
    The inquiry was about the Ctrl key. Thanks.

• What does work is copying the entity 'as is' by pressing the Ctrl-key while dragging the entity.
    What is not supported is creating copies while grip-editing, resulting in modified copies of the original, e.g. with one of the vertices in a new location.

• To move or copy an object without using any command or any letter options:
    1. Select the object.
    2. Click on the object again (not on an editable grip) and hold.
    3. Press and hold Shift or Ctrl while dragging. Shift = move, Ctrl = copy.

Some objects (lines, circles, arcs, ...?) have a grip that can be used to drag-move the object without a command and without the above procedure. In v17, the Ctrl key doesn't seem to change that move to a copy.

• Thanks for the tip and confirmation @Hans De Backer

• @Anthony Apostolaros - Shift in your step 3 is not necessary here. It defaults to a MOVE operation.

This is the process that does not work in BricsCAD (using grip editing only).
    http://www.cad-addict.com/2009/07/autocad-offset-ellipses-and-keep-them.html

You can use the Copy option on the keyboard however.

This discussion has been closed.