Selection Window

I'm wondering if there is a parameter to have the entitys that are currently selected with the selection window highlighted like autocad. It's nice to know what entity's are selected as i'm moving the selection window.

Thanks!

Comments

• Normally, selected entities are highlighted. If there aren't too many of them, their grips are shown too. Maybe you somehow got the HIGHLIGHT variable turned off?

• Thanks Anthony,

In Autocad, when I pick my first point of the selection window and move my cursor across the screen it will highlight the entities that would be selected before I select the position of the second point. So, as I move my cursor every which way on the screen entities are highlighted as the go in out of the selection window.

• Sounds like the "selectionpreview" variable

• Selection Preview applies to hovering over entities only, not to window selection methods.

• Just tried all "selectionpreview" settings none of them did what i'm looking for. Maybe on the next release of BricsCAD 2019 or 2020! :p

Thanks.

• I second that,
    it is a great help in crowded files.

• @ericvandee
    Please file a support request and describe the desired behavior to get it on the 'Feature Request' list.

• Great idea, will do!

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!