Blade Problem

No scrollbars appears- see the video.

Comments

• Unfortunately, the Preferences is a normal dialog, there are no scrollbars intended;
    seems, you have set your screen to a very large scaling factor ?

I will review, maybe I will find a solution for this (at least, not to reduce to smaller than the minimum required size ?).

What OS do you use (Windows, Linux, Mac ?)
    many greetings !

• CADMebel
    edited March 2019

@Torsten Moses said:
    Unfortunately, the Preferences is a normal dialog, there are no scrollbars intended;
    seems, you have set your screen to a very large scaling factor ?

I will review, maybe I will find a solution for this (at least, not to reduce to smaller than the minimum required size ?).

What OS do you use (Windows, Linux, Mac ?)
    many greetings !

WIndows 10 Pro 1809
    Display Scale 150% (1920x1200)
    One more thing - every time I start BLADE for the first time it looks like this:
    Is there a way to save the window state?

• Torsten Moses
    edited March 2019

For the BLADE display and any setting - use "Save Preferences", as those are not automatically saved, by intention (to prevent mistakenly misconfiguration), so please use "Save Settings" once you changed any setting and/or GUI sizes.

I also have Win10 1809, with 1920 x 1080 ... just tried with 150% display scaling :
    for me, the Preferences dialog is fully shown, nothing clipped, and I can not resize smaller than to initial, minimal size ...
    so I can not yet reproduce ...
    maybe you have a bigger font configured (in Windows' settings) ?

many greetings !

• No changes in the font. Only diference is the vertical resolution - mine 1200px. Yours 1080px.
    Thanks.

• hmmm - have you tried (just for testing) with 100% scaling ?
    The strange thing is, that for me the dialog can not be made smaller than the initial, minimal size ...

Which BricsCAD version do you use ?
    many greetings !

• CADMebel
    edited March 2019

Sorry for the late replay. When set scaling to 100% the dialog is OK, but with 125% and up the problem arise. BricsCAD Platinum Version 19.2.03 (x64) revision 60650
    I have another monitor - 1920x1080 - the same problem there.

• Hello,
    I also tried with 125% scaling, on my 1920 < 1080 display, with BricsCAD 19.2.03 (x64) revision 60650 ...
    still no problem here;
    do you have a multi.monitor setup (2 or more displays) ?
    many greetings !

• Hello,
    now I could reproduce, needed a Logout + Login :-)
    Seems, the dialog elements are all properly scaled, but the initial size of the Preferences dialog is too small then (for the left-most tab) ...
    seems a layout recalculation is simply missing, going to check & fix that.
    many thanks & greetings :smile:

• found & fixed the problem with initial size of Preferences dialog - now works fine with higher scaling :smile:
    thanks for notifying about this !

• Glad to help and thank You for the fix!

• Installed the latest version - Version 19.2.07 (x64) revision 61634
    The problem is still there.

• Hello,

yes, that fix (and a number of other, minor fixes) is not yet in V19.2.07 ... but for sure, it will be in next public V19.2 version.
    In case you did not notice yet - the Preferences dialog can be resized (grab the lower-right corner, or bottom edge, and drag to desired size).

many greetings !