Components in multiple solids

I've modeled some furniture that consists of multiple mitered panels that I want to connect together with Lamello Clamx connectors. My first attempt at creating a custom component for the connector almost works. When I place the connector between two of my mitered solids the solids on the BC_SUBTRACT layer are subtracted from one of the solids but not the other. Is this a Bricscad limitation that a component can only interact with one solid at a time? Almost every component I might want to create would be to create joinery for furniture and would always interact with at least 2 different parts so I'm hoping this is possible.

I've attached the component I created in case that could help.

Comments

• CADMebel
    edited April 2019

When You place a component there is a option - "Select Target Solids".
    I'm also trying to use components for furniture joinery. Also, be aware of this limitation - https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/34596/components-and-target-solids#latest

• Am I inserting the component incorrectly? Using BMINSERT I can Edit/Rotate/set Base point/insert Type/Flip/multiple after clicking to insert the component the operation is finished and there are no further prompts.

Also, I looked at that post before I wrote this because it seemed similar and I learned about the LCONNECT command which would have saved me a lot of time making my miters yesterday......

• @necronian said:
    Am I inserting the component incorrectly? Using BMINSERT I can Edit/Rotate/set Base point/insert Type/Flip/multiple after clicking to insert the component the operation is finished and there are no further prompts.

Also, I looked at that post before I wrote this because it seemed similar and I learned about the LCONNECT command which would have saved me a lot of time making my miters yesterday......

See the video:

• Thanks for the help, but I just realized that I need to update. I'm using 19.1.06 and that feature was added in 19.2.03 so I'm downloading the update now.

It's good to see someone else doing furniture though. I always feel that the specific niche I'm working in is often overlooked whenever I'm dealing with CAD/CAM.

• Agree! Too many architecture noise in these forums - I work with Rhino, SketchUP and now trying BricsCAD. BricsCAD has the potential, but here again too much bias toward architecture! We need some generic tools - naming solids, adding custom attributes to the solids and a way to export dimensions and attributes for BOM and cut list.