No Printers showing

I have installed BricsCAD v19 on Linux, but when I want to print my work I only have a ''Print to PDF'' option, but we do have 4 printers connected to our office server and all the printers is showing that it is connected, any advice on how to get my printers?

Comments

• Wiebe van der Worp
    edited August 2019

You may find this thread of interest... https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/14274/how-to-print-or-plot ...

A little bit lost there myself, creating default.pc3 seems not possible, as described. What works is creating pdf's and printing them. Is that standard procedure? I.e. piping PDF output to a printer device? Nicely described here.

• I've been working with BricsCAD for at least 12 years. Have created THOUSANDS of drawings with my now 10 year old Windows 7 machine at work. BricsCAD offers me any printers available to Windows. So I setup a Linux (Ubuntu) machine at home to do work during the epidemic. Never got around to printing anything until today. BricsCAD can't find any of my system printers. Why? I have half a dozen Linux applications that have no problem finding printers. I even have Windows applications running under WINE, which find printers. But Bricsys expects people to print to a PDF, and then print from a PDF viewer or pull up a terminal and issue a command string. . This program (BricsCAD mechanical) is over $1000. Ridiculous.