Attach Status to Layout/Viewport

Hi,

I've got a drawing with 3 layers. Background, A and B. Also, I have to layouts, LoA and LoB. Now I want to set up the Layouts to only print the corresponding layers. I.e. LoA should print layers Background and A. Layout LoB should print Background and layer B. So I set up two status: StA and StB, whereas StA only contains layers background and A and Status StB contains layers Background and B.

However, wenn I enter Model Mode on Layout A and click Restore for status A, both layouts are affected. But I want the layers to be restored on Layout LoA and not on Layout LoB.

How can I achieve this?

Comments

• In the Model tab, use the LAYON command to turn on all layers. Then switch to a Layout tab, and double-click inside a viewport, and then freeze layers in that viewport by using the Viewport Freeze column of the LAYER command.

If you want to use Layerstates, I think it's best to create them in the Model tab. Then you can restore them in a viewport to automatically set the Viewport Freeze column as described above without affecting any other viewport or tab.

Before printing, I always switch to the Model tab and use LAYON. Then all layers are visible in the Model tab, but visibility in viewports is controlled by those VP-Freeze settings.

• I am using the VP-Freeze setting now. However, there is one downside: if there are 20+ layouts and one layer is added that should only appear on layout 20, I have to enter the remaining 19 layouts and freeze the newly added layer in the viewport.

I was hoping, that the option, "turn of layers not found in layer state" would hide the new layer automatically.

• @sbcad said:
    .... if there are 20+ layouts and one layer is added that should only appear on layout 20, I have to enter the remaining 19 layouts and freeze the newly added layer in the viewport.
    I was hoping, that the option, "turn off layers not found in layer state" would hide the new layer automatically.

I don't know what that "turn off layers not found in layer state" option is, but adjusting the VP-frozen layers in a viewport after you add a new layer is actually pretty easy if you use Layer States. You update ("overwrite") the layer state in the model tab, and then go into each viewport and restore that layer state using the pull-down list next to the pull-down list of lineweights (see image). It might even be possible to do that to all the viewports on a layout tab at once, by restoring the layer state while in that tab but not inside any viewport.

• Well, there are better ways possible.
    Like in Vectorworks, Organization Palette, Visibility Mode, you could
    select all related Viewports and edit their Class (BC Layer) Visibility
    to update them in one go.
    Even when creating new Classes (BC Layers), you have a checkbox
    if these new Classes will be set visible or not in all Viewports.

• @sbcad said:
    I am using the VP-Freeze setting now. However, there is one downside: if there are 20+ layouts and one layer is added that should only appear on layout 20, I have to enter the remaining 19 layouts and freeze the newly added layer in the viewport.

I was hoping, that the option, "turn of layers not found in layer state" would hide the new layer automatically.

Perhaps take a look at the VPLAYER command. You can use this to Freeze/Thaw viewport layers. The ALL option will apply your layer setting across all viewports on all layouts.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V19 Ultimate
    Quickly create HELP links on your forum posts

CAD Concepts