Align and justify text

Hi all,
I'm trying to align horizontal rows of text. I'll create a polyline that is 90 deg, straight up and down and I want to align with this polyline. I have all the text I need justified to the top left. I will use command ALIGN and the input required is first point --> second point --> and on and on. However, the alignment doesn't happen. It just doesn't execute.

Am I missing something? Operator error?

Thanks and any tips appreciated.

Comments

• You could select all the texts and then just grab each one by its insertion point grip and drag it to the vertical pline that you want them aligned to.

• James Maeding
    edited April 2020

I think a better approach is grip the text, and set x value of insertion point to same number for all at once.
    Align is for a different thing (two point move/rotation). It would be the wrong tool for text alignment.

• @James Maeding : thx bro. That did the trick! Working from home is challenging.

• @Randy Long
    Which part? I am loving finally having an office with a window!
    Serious question though. Do you mean project coordination, remote file speeds, cad technical support?
    Curious, thx

• James Maeding
    edited April 2020

@Randy Long
    Can't complain about the new HR person either:

Show dogs gotta show...

• Cute K-9!
    Working from home has challenges. Kids, work, my side hustles...

It's tough using Citrix and autocad/gis over the internet. I just need to be more adaptable. However, having Bricscad at home vs. AutoCAD at work is basically a wash.

Thanks again.

• @Randy Long
    Right. Someone said 50% of people who got to try working at home wanted to stay there.
    The other 50% have kids.
    I hate remote desktop type setups. The cursor lag and any delays are agonizing.

• Anyone,
    In regards to getting BricsCAD synched from office PC to Laptop, where would one find a list of all the locations BricsCAD stores the customizations done on the PC, so they can be copied to the Laptop?
    And no, I don’t even remember all the customizations I have done over the nearly 2 yrs. since installing BCAD.
    The only help given so far is to “create a new profile on the Laptop of what you want”.
    To “re-create” a profile would not help.
    How do I remember all the changes I have made?
    ‘My hard disk’ doesn’t maintain everything I have done to BCAD, I let BCAD remember how I want it to act, & it does it quite nicely. My memory is not that good.
    What is needed, is to copy the profile data, which is on the PC, to the Laptop, so the Laptop looks & feels just like the PC.
    Also needed would be the files containing the data for all other customizations that exceed the “out of the box BricsCAD” original installation.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Mike

• @MDunn
    The ingredients are:
    1) profile export - do using profile manager off start menu, not in options like acad
    2) custom menus - check the CUI for what is loaded, grab those and put in same spot on laptop
    3) any custom lisps or programs - look in options at your support paths, are any non-OOTB? Copy any to laptop that are
    4) anything customized in your %appdata%\Bricsys\BricsCAD folder (profile folder), copy to laptop
    5) any custom startup lisps like On_doc_load.lsp and On_start.lsp

The most important thing is make support paths the same, and copy and load the same menus.
    If you find commands missing, you know you left things out so can look for those.
    Don't forget to use (findfile "somefile.lsp") on command line to ask bcad where it finds some file.
    That helps sort out where things are coming from.
    thx

• And no, I don’t even remember all the customizations I have done over the nearly 2 yrs. since installing BCAD.

So do I.

Since V19 there is finally a Filter in Settings,
    to show only the Settings you have changed.
    This is really helpful.

I would just care a bit about all the path settings you bring
    over to the laptop from the PC.
    As a shared local drive on the PC may be mounted under a
    different drive letter or name on the laptop. Or a different
    user name for local paths and such things.

Wrong Paths in Settings could cause Bricscad to not find
    important resources. For some problems it may throw out
    warning messages, for some paths like in user folder it may
    just create new ones from scratch and you may not even
    notice.

• MDunn
    edited April 2020

James & Michael,
    Thank you very much for the synching info. Working from home as of Friday, have the PC here actually, but I still need to get the Laptop synched w/ it so I don't go crazy going from one to the other.
    Got the IT guys trying to figure out why I can't print from home to the office. Turns out my upload speed is from the stone age. Upgrade to FIWI, should fix the issue.

View from my home office, HR department has improved also: A couple of immature bald eagles looking for dinner floating down the Kenai River as the ice goes out. About 50 feet from my desk.
    Mike

• @MDunn
    Cool. Glad you mentioned those eagles were immature. Since I see eagles about once a year on our Florida trips, they all look like sheep to me. :)

• johnsmith101
    edited April 2020

It's tough using Citrix and autocad/gis over the internet. I just need to be more adaptable. tubemate mobdro subway surfers mod

• If it is speed issues, just take yourself back to R13, when Acad shot itself in both feet?! Painful days them was. Then it was PC speed issues, now it is more than likely internet speed issues. Turns out I'm on the old dinosaur internet in my area, upgrading so I can print to the office from home. Haven't had a need for internet speed @ home until now. Look out 21st century, here I come.

• @ MDunn:

If you export Settings to a CSV file it is relatively easy to remove all the 'read only' lines and then strip out everything except variable names and values. Those can go into a lisp file to automagically set the variables in the new installation. I had to edit some of the value entries because of formatting issues (the export does not always display in the format that is needed by setvar, ie., numbers were returned but setvar required a string for a particular variable). This took a bit of time but was much faster than going through settings one line at a time.

• @H Martin Shoemaker said:
    @ MDunn:

If you export Settings to a CSV file it is relatively easy to remove all the 'read only' lines and then strip out everything except variable names and values. Those can go into a lisp file to automagically set the variables in the new installation. I had to edit some of the value entries because of formatting issues (the export does not always display in the format that is needed by setvar, ie., numbers were returned but setvar required a string for a particular variable). This took a bit of time but was much faster than going through settings one line at a time.

I have always exported the profile, once set up, to .arg file. Then, to set up new machine, put this in your bcad icon:
    "C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V20 en_US\bricscad.exe" /P "C:\CAD_SUPPORT\B2020+Standard Profiles\64 Bit\HA 2020.arg" /L
    The path after /P is the profile.
    What this does is create and set current the profile, IF it does not exist.
    If it does exist, it simply uses it.
    So if you have issues, close bcad, go to profile manager and rename current to abc.
    Then reopen bcad using icon and you get your default profile.
    Its like a "reset to my profile" button.