Losing Sheetset

Anyone have an idea why drawings keep on losing the Sheetset, and keep getting this message? It's often time following by Bricscad crashing.

Unable to locate sheetset file: S:\Jobs\2018\2018.13 HAMPTON TRENTON\DWG\PLAN SETS\CONSTRUCTION\1813 CP.dst

I can open the .dst file and everything is fine. Can open drawings through the Sheetset manager. Fields will update correctly. Then, suddenly, I'll get the error message. I've deleted the sheetset and recreated it. Error message will still come back.

Have not noticed a correlation to any command. Not able to recreate it. Had this is v19, just updated to v20 and got it within and hour. No one else in our office has ever gotten this. Hoping someone has suggestions.

Comments

• You are not alone. I've had the same frustration! After cursing and avoiding sheetsets for a while, I forget about it, yet it keeps recurring. At one point, I could forestall crashing if I remembered to close the sheetset before saving a .dwg, but that was neither bulletproof nor convenient.

• wow, this is a big deal. I watch for bugs that are sort of obscure, and ones that would really embarrass me as a cad manager, and this is the latter.
    Do a support request as you need to talk to someone who knows the internal mechanism well.
    I don't recall autocad having this issue, which is always of interest as sometimes the data format is the issue and both share that.
    thx

• Should not happen.

Just a dumb idea,
    would it be more stable if your path would not have Spaces and special characters like point ?

• I thought of doing a support request, but nothing ever seems to come of it if you can't tell them how to reproduce the error.

Don't know that the point has anything to do with it, as others haven't gotten this message. Mine seemed relative stable until a couple months ago.

• You marked it as answered,
    was it really the path ?

• I was continuing to see this misbehavior, to a degree that was crippling our workflow, regardless of local or network paths. So I am elated to share that after much investigation (SR104177) the BC Support sleuths have identified a culprit:

It seems that the autosave interferes with BricsCAD finding the sheetset.

The error occurs in the sheet drawing after it gets saved in the temp folder as .SV$ file. Most probably BricsCAD is looking in the folder of the .sv$ file for the sheetset instead of looking in the right folder.

Please set a higher value for SAVETIME until we fix this, or make sure to save the sheet drawing before printing.

Per this advice I set the SAVETIME interval to 240 minutes. This is not a complete cure—I still got the "Unable to locate sheetset" error once since doing so—but it has already greatly reduced the error frequency.