Drawing Template attributes not in proper place

We have this issue now where the attributes in a drawing template titleblock keep moving around. The ATTSYNC command has to be used to get them back to their correct position. Perhaps it is the way the block has been made?

Comments

• can you post the drawing? I'm interested on this one.

• Titleblock attached. I think it might have something to do with the text justification...

• I opened it and its not a bricscad bug, happens in autocad too.
    I don't think its a bug though.
    If I insert the title block fresh, the atts behave.
    If I run attsync on the insert you had in there, they behave after that.
    All I can think is you inserted that block when the atts were justified differently, changed them, then expected the previous insert to update.
    If you are experienced, sorry for my explanation of how attributes work.
    The previous insert will not update though, without an attsync. I know you would think locked atts would, and they are, but maybe they were not when the block was originally created.
    Either way, the attsync fixes the old, and new inserts behave in both platforms for me.
    thx

• I've seen this in AutoCAD & BricsCAD. In fact the issue could be from AutoCAD. It is coming from the justification used for the ATTDEF. Justification is set to Top Left, Middle Centre. For ATTDEF the Primary IP is always bottom left, any other justification other than Left uses a secondary ip to set the alignment position.

In some situations the attributes in the block will shift to the primary ip rather than their alignment ip. Because of this I have tended to keep text formatting with ATTDEF as simple as possible, e.g use Left rather than Top Left, Centre rather than Middle Centre. This seems to work.

If you WBLOCK out the block and open it, you will see that some of the ATTDEF are not displaying in the correct location. These self correct when you edit them.

Perhaps the fact that the ATTDEF positions are locked is contributing to the problem in this case?

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

• This is great feedback thanks guys. It looks like I should re-create the attributes and set to the primary IP as you mentioned Jason. It is a handmedown block so deserves a proper do-over.