How to draw a grading in 2D ?

Gaspard
edited July 2020 in 2D Drafting

Hello,
I'm using the 2D Bricscad software, I only have this one. I want to draw a Grading (Talus, in French). I speak of a succession of lines which are automatically drawn perpendicularly, to show that a land is sloping. Here is what I mean : www.delicad.com/fr/flashtalus.php
Could you help me for this ; how to proceed ? I can't find the way to do it on BricsCad.

Thank you very much in advance,

G.V.P.

Comments

• Yes, that would be handy - used to draw those a lot on the drawing board.

• Looks like flashtalus is available as a 3rd party application for BricsCAD:

https://www.bricsys.com/applications/a/?flashtalus-a380-al583

• Gaspard
    edited July 2020

Hello,
    Thank you for answers ;
    I forgot to mention that I installed Bricscad (Bricscad Classic so) on Linux. It is therefore impossible to install FlashTalus which is only available on Windows. So I absolutely have to find an alternative. Do you know any ? Is there a trick to draw this via existing Bricscad commands ? I try to create a custom Linetypes but this doesn't give any good result.

PS: I do not intend to update my installation to Platinum because I do not have to do 3D. Besides, I don't even know if Platinum will allow to draw a 2D grading !!

Thanks for any feedback,
    G.

• @Gaspard
    Platinum is not needed for 3D, all versions have an xyz system and allow drawing solids. Platinum is for very specific bim and design items.
    I have pro, so you can use .net programs.
    The tool you mention is interesting, just 2d. Its not an easy one either, as you have to track 2 curving items and decide how to do the lines.
    I did that for true 3d civil design, but never finished. Its tricky when the top of slope is varying like with a vertical curve.
    You lay out a mesh of "cells" that grow from top to toe, triangulate it to surface, then show contours if needed.
    Anyway, if you really need that slope tool for a business, grab windows, grab pro, and the 3rd party app mentioned.
    I would think you could not survive on linux if doing business.
    thx

• @James Maeding said:

You must be kidding, right?

• Hello all, thank you very much for your feedback.
    I found a solution which was indicated to me by the technical service of Bricscad. This solution works wonderfully. I'm very happy as I love 2D so much. Here below the response from the support service which refers to a link. By adding 2 layers and using a function called SEV, the lines are drawn automatically, and a grading appears. It works with curves too. It does the job well. (...)

Thank you James Maeding for your comment.
    Currently I have chosen to use only 100% Linux, this is part of my ethical choices and also it has been part of my values in my architectural business for 10 years. Of course, I am attentive to the evolution of techniques. I will see how to adapt over time.

Yours Truly,
    Gaspard

"_ Blaž Prosen
    15-07-2020 06:21 UTC

Hello Gaspard,
    thank you for your question.
    In BricsCAD you can use Grading command to create fill and cut embankment in 3D and they are represented as TIN Surface (triangles or contours).
    If the question relates to showing the slope indicators only in 2D then the answer is that this isn't possible with BricsCAD native tools. But you can use LISP scripts to do that.

An example of how to do that is shown at the link below:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJpPAVsLAHM

Best Regards,
    Blaž Prosen_ "

• @Gaspard said:

Currently I have chosen to use only 100% Linux, this is part of my ethical choices and also it has been part of my values in my architectural business for 10 years.

Nice to hear your choice and that it works well for you for you.

Although I still try to go on with Apple so far,
    this was written on ElementaryOS ....
    (beside I groome a Open SUSE Tumbleweed and a Manjaro)

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:

@James Maeding said:

You must be kidding, right?

No, its just that the momentum I have seen for windows would save enough time that getting it would make you money, not lose.
    If you said Apple, ok, though I would lose respect for you. Kidding...
    If you can make linux work, have at it.
    I'll have to look through your posts as that sheds new light on your environment.