Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to create a door in Bricscad with parametrics?

Hello,

Do you have a how-to so I can create a dynamic block for a door? I am drawing floor plans and some autocad dynamic blocks don' t work perfcectly. I want to create a door in Briscad but don't know how.
Doesn't Briscad have any free lybraries?
I have Bricscad Pro.

Comments

  • I have read this manual, but it doesn't help me a lot with creating it.
    How do other people draw doors? Or do they draw with the BIM module? I use point cloud data to start from, but my clients don't need a BIM model.

  • edited July 27

    Before going on you should check if you can use the BmInsert command. In my version (V18) the command requires a Platinum license, but, judging from the online Help docs, this was later changed to Pro.

  • edited July 27

    Here is an example of a 2D parametric door.

    dwg
    dwg
    ParamDoor.dwg
    20K
  • @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    Before going on you should check if you can use the BmInsert command. In my version (V18) the command requires a Platinum license, but, judging from the online Help docs, this was later changed to Pro.

    In V20 BMINSERT works in the Pro Level. However, BMMECH Still requires Platinum or above. Running BMMECH initialises the parametric component, allowing you to declare it as a BIM component and dictating how it inserts by default (locally or externally).

    If users are looking for parametric examples, then in Windows they can look in the following folder for examples
    "C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V20 en_US\UserDataCache\Support\en_US\Bim\Components"

    Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate

    CAD Concepts

  • edited July 28

    The OP has started this topic in the 2D drafting category. Therefore I have assumed the OP is looking for a 2D parametric solution. I do not think that many, if any, of the standard BIM components are 2D. But I may be wrong of course.

  • @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    The OP has started this topic in the 2D drafting category. Therefore I have assumed the OP is looking for a 2D parametric solution. I do not think that many, if any, of the standard BIM components are 2D. But I may be wrong of course.

    Certainly Doors & Windows contain a 2D element. The 2D & 3D elements are linked to operate together through common parent parameters. When a BIM Section is generated involving these components it is the 2D element that is utilised to form the resulting view.

    I mentioned the folder location as BricsCAD Pro users won't necessarily be aware of their existence. There is now a Components panel in BricsCAD, but for some perverse reason the panel is only visible and accessible if you are running BricsCAD Platinum or greater.

    Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate

    CAD Concepts

  • @Jason Bourhill said:
    When a BIM Section is generated involving these components it is the 2D element that is utilised to form the resulting view.

    Aha, that explains it, that is not the case in V18. In V18 only the door symbols (arc+line) are 2D.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.

Powered by VanillaForums, Designed by Steam