How to create a door in Bricscad with parametrics?

Hello,

Do you have a how-to so I can create a dynamic block for a door? I am drawing floor plans and some autocad dynamic blocks don' t work perfcectly. I want to create a door in Briscad but don't know how.
Doesn't Briscad have any free lybraries?
I have Bricscad Pro.

Comments

• I have read this manual, but it doesn't help me a lot with creating it.
    How do other people draw doors? Or do they draw with the BIM module? I use point cloud data to start from, but my clients don't need a BIM model.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited July 2020

Before going on you should check if you can use the BmInsert command. In my version (V18) the command requires a Platinum license, but, judging from the online Help docs, this was later changed to Pro.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited July 2020

Here is an example of a 2D parametric door.

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    Before going on you should check if you can use the BmInsert command. In my version (V18) the command requires a Platinum license, but, judging from the online Help docs, this was later changed to Pro.

In V20 BMINSERT works in the Pro Level. However, BMMECH Still requires Platinum or above. Running BMMECH initialises the parametric component, allowing you to declare it as a BIM component and dictating how it inserts by default (locally or externally).

If users are looking for parametric examples, then in Windows they can look in the following folder for examples
    "C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V20 en_US\UserDataCache\Support\en_US\Bim\Components"

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate

CAD Concepts

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited July 2020

The OP has started this topic in the 2D drafting category. Therefore I have assumed the OP is looking for a 2D parametric solution. I do not think that many, if any, of the standard BIM components are 2D. But I may be wrong of course.

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    The OP has started this topic in the 2D drafting category. Therefore I have assumed the OP is looking for a 2D parametric solution. I do not think that many, if any, of the standard BIM components are 2D. But I may be wrong of course.

Certainly Doors & Windows contain a 2D element. The 2D & 3D elements are linked to operate together through common parent parameters. When a BIM Section is generated involving these components it is the 2D element that is utilised to form the resulting view.

I mentioned the folder location as BricsCAD Pro users won't necessarily be aware of their existence. There is now a Components panel in BricsCAD, but for some perverse reason the panel is only visible and accessible if you are running BricsCAD Platinum or greater.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate

CAD Concepts

• @Jason Bourhill said:
    When a BIM Section is generated involving these components it is the 2D element that is utilised to form the resulting view.

Aha, that explains it, that is not the case in V18. In V18 only the door symbols (arc+line) are 2D.

• 3dvisuals_co_uk
    edited April 2022
    I found this thread as I was looking for exactly the same as the original poster.

Roy Klein's ParamDoor.dwg is almost exactly what I want :)

But..... I cannot seem to change the Values which the constraints are currently set to, the Values are greyed out and I can double-click them, making them visible, but it's as though they are locked and cannot be altered....

Please can someone guide me to making the ParamDoor.dwg work for any TotalWidth, FrameWidth, DoorDepth and FrameDepth please?

Many thanks

PS - Does anyone have anything similar for Windows?

(I'm on BricsCAD v22 Lite)

Thank you.
  • Robert
    edited April 2022
    The Grey ones are the 2D parametric constraints. You can edit them by changing the value under expression. Currently they are linked to the yellow parameters. So if you change the yellow ones the grey ones chang
    e.
  • Thanks Robert, I really appreciate your help.

I'm not having a lot of success with creating my own Parametric block (I want to make my own windows).

How do you change d1 to equal TotalWidth? That's a link I can't seem to work out :(

Thank you in advance, it's very much appreciated.
  • This is what I see / have;

• You need to create your own parameters first.

You can rename this new parameter to "TotalWidth", and add a value.
    Then in the expression field of the dimension fill in "TotalWidth" the dimension is now linked to the parameter.
  • ALANH
    edited April 2022
    Have a look at lee-mac dynamic .lsp you can put a front end on the insert say a DCL ask all the questions then insert the block and its auto updated. Yes works with Bricscad.

I have attached the library function Multi getvals.lsp if you want to try a dcl.