Too many fourm categories for amount of people posting

Dear Admins,
I have subscribed to "all new posts" for almost a year now I think, and am finding you are fragmenting things by having so many categories that I would consider "general Bricscad".
What happens is I get an email (which I wish had the first sentence of the body in it...), click to read, and I get to "3D Modeling" while the question was related to osnaps in a current version.
The I have to jump around to other categories to see their posts.
I know I can look at the discussions page to see most recent, but someone somewhat new to the forum will not know this.
Also, so many issue get mixed with posts, that I argue its better to mush together several categories.
Final categories might be:
General Bricscad
Customization
Installation and licensing

That's it. Don't break out plotting, 2d, 3d,all that, but then also have no general category.
That 2D Drafting one is a bad name anyway IMO. If anything, rename it to General Drawing because calling things drafting is a sign of old-schoolness where you separated design from inking.
You should almost issue a company wide memo "never call drawing as drafting", purge that word, "cancel" it haha.

Anyway, by consolidating things you stand to get more views and help on things as people will see more at once.
I'm sure some will want it how it is. Count their posts to value their opinion :)
thx

Comments

• BTW, when I posted this, I got a server error, yet it worked.
    I copied the text of my post to textpad, in case it failed, but checked if it worked.
    It DID post! My gosh, that is super confusing. Better than not posting though I guess.

• @James Maeding I agree that there should be fewer fixed categories (and that drafting is an unhelpful term here).
    I always go to "Discussions" to check for new posts. I almost never use the "Home"/"Categories" link, and find it difficult to find older content of relevance.
    Maybe the admins have the same difficulty? Here is a reminder of one instance when we discussed this topic before:
    https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/comment/42870
    Among previously iterated suggestions, flexible subject tagging, improved searching, and less white space would make this forum much better, too.