How to Measure distance between more than two points

Hi,

with the dist it is possible to get the distance between two points. Is it possible to get the distance between more points, i.e. I click on point A and B = 2.05 meters, I click on point C, 2.05 + 1.02 = 3.07 aso.?

Thanks

Comments

• I would draw a (temporary) polyline. When Rollover Typs is ON (RT field in the Status bar), you see the resulting length when you hover over the polyline). If Dynamic Dimensions is ON (DYN field in the Status bar) each intermediate distance shows in the dynamic length field before you click (hover over the next point using an Esnap).

• I did this lisp a long time ago, to do continuous tracking, delta z readout, Arc option, and total along the way.
    You can tweak the decimals at the top if desired.
    command is Dist-tot.
    I use this key-in for DI as my shortcut:
    (DEFUN C:DI () (PRINC "\nDistance Tracker")(LOAD "dist.lsp")(c:dist-tot)(princ))
    enjoy.

• I use MDIST, part of a set of distance-inquiry commands by someone named Stig B Madsen, who disappeared from the internet a long time ago as far as I can tell. I think it should be o.k. to post the file here in his memory.

The attached file includes:
    TDIST: Select objects and return total length of all lines and arcs contained in the selection.
    MDIST: Obtain distances by picking points and return summarized report
    LDIST: Summarize lengths of individually picked lines and arcs
    MDSETUP: Options for commands above.

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    I would draw a (temporary) polyline. When Rollover Typs is ON (RT field in the Status bar), you see the resulting length when you hover over the polyline). If Dynamic Dimensions is ON (DYN field in the Status bar) each intermediate distance shows in the dynamic length field before you click (hover over the next point using an Esnap).

• when RT is on and cursor hovering over a Polyline segment
      (RT shows overall length)
      and you press and hold CTRL, it will highlight the segment
      under your cursor and show the length of that individual segment.